The Hummingbird Haven

Pics
Wow!!! I’m jealous of that kind of talent. I tried to paint a hummingbird picture once....ever seen wings on a cow? ‘cause that’s what it looked like. My daughter painted a pretty one, though - I’ll snap a pic of it later.

Hey folks, how are the hummers? :caf

Not sure if they've made it up North yet, but ironically our first Ruby-Throat came to the door and got in my face on April 1st. It wasn't a prank- they've been here since...They're all over the place now, and I'm having to increase nectar this week.

Make sure to check your migration maps so you know when to put out a welcoming feeder with a cup or so of nectar in it .
:wee:thumbsup

@Blooie - YAY! My favorite thread is opening again :celebrate

We've got a bunch of feeders ready for our friends (including one my MIL gifted for Christmas- they know me so well) so we're ready. Our first visitor was April Fool's Day last year, so I'll set a sampler feeder out on the 1st.

birds.png

Before that, I remembered them being around in July, but that little fella came right to the door and got my attention on the 1st and it surprised me. He was alone for quite some time but they're in full swing June-August

I should remember to put out the feeder this year -- I forgot last year.
We get Ruby-Throated hummingbirds up here. We mostly see the females at the feeder... I always get excited whenever I see a male.

Back
Top Bottom