The Hummingbird Haven

Pics
Ruby throat female

Attachments

• _D722709E.png
    _D722709E.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 5
It may be too early to talk about hummingbirds yet, but wanted to share Dollar Tree has their hummingbird feeders for $1 already online. We've had some of these last us a couple years so they're not half bad for the value. (Except for when the goofy squirrels think the flowers are food and eat them off) They are plastic so they do need a good scrubbing when using to keep them clean, but if you get ALOT of winged guests and don't have enough feeders, order yourself some extra!
Hummingbird Feeders Online @Dollar Tree

Never too early for hummers for me, since they live here year round. I felt sorry for them this morning after we had 6" of snow last night (the feeders resembled sno-cones, with snow mounded all the way up to the hanging hook) so I've been swapping feeders in every few hours due to freezing and snow build up. The hummers seem to appreciate the effort.

hummieinsnow.jpg

Last edited:
@rosemarythyme - You’re a hummingbird hero! A mod on Hummingbird Spot was just mentioning tips for helping winter hummers. I’ll include here later

I believe one thing was using the 3/1 ratio instead during this time

Not a bad idea, especially since melting snow (or heavy rain) can seep into the holes and dilute out the sugar solution as well.

Back
Top Bottom