The Hummingbird Haven

Pics
I should probably invest in a few of those. I've heard of people wrapping the feeders in Christmas lights too, to just add a minimal amount of heat, but I have the flat ring shaped Aspects feeders and wrapping those seems too tricky.

The way I've dealt with freezing is to have double the number of feeders ready to go, and swap them out if they freeze. The hummers are quick to complain at me when I go to replace the frozen feeders with unfrozen ones.

I should probably invest in a few of those. I've heard of people wrapping the feeders in Christmas lights too, to just add a minimal amount of heat, but I have the flat ring shaped Aspects feeders and wrapping those seems too tricky.

The way I've dealt with freezing is to have double the number of feeders ready to go, and swap them out if they freeze. The hummers are quick to complain at me when I go to replace the frozen feeders with unfrozen ones.
That's the way I used to do it until I saw these heaters. It is just light heat and I'm not sure they would work in an Arctic blast, but so far, so good.

That's the way I used to do it until I saw these heaters. It is just light heat and I'm not sure they would work in an Arctic blast, but so far, so good.
Yeah I couldn't see them working in truly cold climates, but typical winters here don't dip too far below freezing, so just a little heat would be enough.

Back
Top Bottom