The hunting/fishing thread!

Pics
My flint lock has a waiting period of between a tenth of a second and 10 minutes after squeezing the trigger I know if you are aiming and trying to hold it on target it seems like it’s closer to the ten minutes.
Try just a small sprinkle of powder in the pan, (4ffff ofcourse). It sounds counterintuitive but if there is too much powder in the pan, it takes longer to burn through to the charge.
If it’s raining or snowing it may never go off.
The old Germans would say "An angel pissed in your pan."
(Probably sounds better in old German.)

Good to see 410 allowed .Great for youth . IL does not allow 410 . They consider 410 to be 44 caliber and 45 caliber is the minimum .
heard story's of an old trapper who used a .410 with slugs for moose.

my Province a year or two ago changed what we can use for hunting. before it use to be .23 or bigger.
now they decided to make it complicated, long story short they made .204 ruger legal for big game (which includes moose and elk) lol

Well at one time I wanted 410 slug gun for the granddaughter . Then I found out we could not legally use one to hunt deer . Out of curiosity I checked if any 410 slugs were for sale and yes . So later in deer season I checked and they were sold out . :confused: Long story short state lost a young hunter . Oh and no crossbow or device for holding full draw for youth .

Well at one time I wanted 410 slug gun for the granddaughter . Then I found out we could not legally use one to hunt deer . Out of curiosity I checked if any 410 slugs were for sale and yes . So later in deer season I checked and they were sold out . :confused: Long story short state lost a young hunter . Oh and no crossbow or device for holding full draw for youth .
20 gauges don't kick all that much. What type of crossbow you using? They typically all stay locked once cocked until the trigger is pulled.

We looked all over to find 410 slug. Found one small business owner who had a few and bought them. But we still have all of them, hubby and son are having no luck so far

Back
Top Bottom