The hunting/fishing thread!

Pics
One year I was up on the stand and noticed a deer out in the open eating some grass. I looked thru my scope and saw no antlers, even checked twice. Cocked my rifle and fired. The deer must have heard the cock and turned away as I fired. I tracked it to a small stream and went to find some one to help me drag it out. When we got back my helper held one of the deer's hind legs up and said that's not a doe. :th
Once we pulled him out I realized I had shot him in the behind (got the femeral artery)
From then on everyone at the camp called me "the a$$ master". :lau :lau

One year I was up on the stand and noticed a deer out in the open eating some grass. I looked thru my scope and saw no antlers, even checked twice. Cocked my rifle and fired. The deer must have heard the cock and turned away as I fired. I tracked it to a small stream and went to find some one to help me drag it out. When we got back my helper held one of the deer's hind legs up and said that's not a doe. :th
Once we pulled him out I realized I had shot him in the behind (got the femeral artery)
From then on everyone at the camp called me "the a$$ master". :lau :lau
We had that happen one year with the muzzleloader! I was the “spotter” and mr muddy was the “shooter”. I got a little overexcited when the group of deer started walking out and mr muddy picked what looked like the biggest and ended up shooting a button right in the keister!!!! He charged the blind and luckily turned jist in time to take a second shot! 🤣

Typically we double age our steaks but there’s nothing better than fresh young backstraps!!!!!
DD4A17B6-8BD2-40ED-A821-B95DF42C39C4.jpeg

Good morning.

Nice looking day albeit a tad chilly.

I did not get out hunting yesterday. I had a terrible Covid cough and besides not feeling well I would have scared any deer within a mile away.

Because my wife hates me she blew up the alternator on her car so I spent Monday afternoon removing the old alternator and Tuesday putting it back in.

I still think of alternator or generator changing as being a 15 minute job. When they use to sit up high on a hanger off the top of the engine.

No longer that way. I had to remove the air conditioning compressor and have the fendor to get to it.

I have arthritis so my hands were crippled up for two days after all this. Wednesday we had to go to our daughters for thanksgiving. We did not get back until Friday evening.

I wanted to stay home clean my rifle and get ready to sit in my stand. The WW put a huge veto on that idea.

I did not get to buy a license or get my rifle ready until yesterday afternoon.

I went to get my license about 4:30 yesterday. When I left the house I looked to the field by my stand. There were over a half dozen deer eating in it. One huge bodied one.

I will be going out this afternoon. Church this morning. Hopefully, my black powder season will be short.

37 degrees and sunny. Great day for muzzleloader season. Last year was cold and windy.

Same view as firearms season, except I moved my decoy closer and used a different scent on her tail.

View attachment 2912391
I’ve been banned from putting a decoy out!!! I tend to get bored and finally shoot the decoy 🤣

Back
Top Bottom