1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

THe idiocy of some people

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by conny63malies, Dec 7, 2011.

1. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Last night after Taylors tap lesson was over i took her to Walmart becauuse she wanted to look at some magazines. Fast forward to when we left the store. We walk towards the car, we notice a truck running with the lights on and the steering wheel making funny creeking noises. so we look.Who was in there??? Two boys about 10 the other maybe 12 one on the driver seat of a running truck, with no grown up to watch them. I dont give a darn about how much they dont wanna come in with you, or if you are gone for just a second and you want them to be warm. But you dont ever leave two kids in a running vehicle alone . Next thing you know they accidently hit the cltuch or whatever and the truck shootes forward or backwards and kills somebody. we ran back inside and called the manager. He went outside with us and made a LARGE circle around the truck and called the parents over the loud speaker. some idiots ughhhh

2. MNShepherdess

MNShepherdess Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    Minnesota
    HA, I bet those parents were embarrassed! Good for you! And good for Walmart! A lot of places would have said it wasn't their problem. Some people don't deserve children... *sigh*

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Well, after all you were at Wal Mart. [​IMG]

Check out peopleofwalmart.com. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    Now don't beat me but 10 and 12 years old in a car? That doesn't seem that bad. I was left alone in a car at that age and knew better. I knew howto shoot a gun and drive a car and I never played with both (Granted I was taught these things since a certain someone with money was stalking us and mom wanted to make sure we could get away if something happened to her)

I think kids shouldn't be supervised so much that they can not sit alone in a car at 10 years old, running or not.

5. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Quote:they were goofing around in it all it takes is that they release the brakes accidently and they could hit a person or a car right next to them.

6. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm Premium Member

I was driving at that age....

7. mulewagon

mulewagon Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2010
    Alabama
    My husband learned to drive at 8 - not sure when his sisters learned to drive, they may have been too busy riding horses. [​IMG]

There doubtless are plenty of kids that age who can't be trusted not to touch the controls. But plenty more are trustworhy, and their parents will know.

8. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Reguardless if the car was running or not..
    Why would you even leave a young child alone in a walmart parking lot?

9. pamperedpoultry

pamperedpoultry CHICKENFIED

Thats crazy!! you did the right thing, they could of easily hurt someone or themselves

10. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Quote:But too many parents of THESE don't seem to know...you see it in the news all the time. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by