THe idiocy of some people

Quote:
I had an incident where I went to a pet shop. I spent 20 minutes in there. When I came out I could hear a baby crying. I found a little girl about six months old sitting in a car set in a locked car, all of the windows up and the engine off. It was freaking 90 degrees out! I went back in the pet shop and had them call 911. Turns out the kids mom was in the pet shop and she got mad because we called the cops. She didn't even know what was going on until AFTER the firemen had busted out one of her back window to get to the baby. She said "I was only in here for like 5 minutes. Why would you guys call the fire department? The worker at the pet shop told the police she was in there for at least 30 minutes. This poor baby was beet red and I mean beet red. The baby was transported to the hospital and mommy dearest was answering some hard question to the police when I left. I swear some people should have to apply for a license before they can have a kid!

Good God!

From what I see here is that some people have no trust for their kids. At 7-8 years old I would be able to stay in the car with the engine on. Lock the doors.

Quote:
they boy was jerking the steering wheel from side to side, i could hear it from several yards away. I really dont want to wait until they accidently loosen the brakes and hit somebody or something.
I know i could keep my oldest in the car , but my two others, heck no.

I don't think anyone is saying you were wrong for telling the store that the kids were jerking on the wheel and creating a hazard.
I think the point is that, by itself, leaving your kids in a running car isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Personally, I know that my mom would have beat my rear into next week if she got paged out of the store because I was acting like a hooligan.
My oldest, when she was 4 or so, used to say "Mommy, if I acted like that would you kill me?" when she saw someone acting wild in public.

Back
Top Bottom