The Imported English Jubilee Orpington Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by cherylcohen, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Jobele

Jobele Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2011
    Texas
    You'll find that the Jubilees will change a lot as they grow up. They mature slower (IMO) than the other Orps. Their feather colors will change as they get older and you will have a better idea of what the final outcome will be after they moult the 1st time. My rooster has changed quit a bit from when he was a youngster. He's taller than a 5 gallon Lowe's bucket! BIG.....LOL But....they are so gentle. Love them so much!

[​IMG]

2. Sonja73

Sonja73 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2012
    Walterville, OR
    Ohhhhhhhh! He is handsome! Okay, I will be patient then. Sigh.

3. langley7

langley7 New Egg

Jul 20, 2013
    He is a beauty! I'm so excited to see how mine turn out!!

4. Jobele

Jobele Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2011
    Texas
    Thanks for the compliments.....I love ALL my orps. But, I do have my favorites and the Jubilee are one of them!

5. mcgillagorilla

mcgillagorilla Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2012
    Jobele, he is gorgeous.
    I have 4 roos right now and need to decide which to keep - they are about 14 weeks old - two are lighter, two are a bit darker - some more white some less. How do you decide as you say they change quite a bit. They are ALL just so sweet so it certainly would not be an issue for personality. What to do .....any suggestions. Thanks.

6. Sonja73

Sonja73 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2012
    Walterville, OR
    Haha! I am in the exact same boat. I am having a real hard time with them. I am trying so hard to be patient, but the longer I have them, the more I want to keep all of them. Ugh.

7. mcgillagorilla

mcgillagorilla Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2012
    Glad I am not the only one with this tough decision. I may keep two now - Ugh. I have so many roosters but these Jubs are so so sweet. so......which ones which ones[​IMG]

8. australorp

australorp Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    same here, I have ten hens and ten roosters. They are all dark, none are diamond jubilee color.Mine are almost 4 month old now.

9. heirloomorps

heirloomorps Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2012
    Brooksville, FL
    My Coop
    Does anyone else find their Jubilees grow a lot slower than their other Orpingtons? We have two five month old pullets and we have three month old BBS girls who are the same size as them.

10. Christabelle

Christabelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2012
    Dayton NV

In my experience they are just plain smaller. I have a large flock of jubilees and not one of them is as large as the BBS imports.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by