The Imported English Jubilee Orpington Thread

Pics
I'm pretty sure they're one of, if not the, top breeder of Jubilees in the UK. If anyone would have an answer on the subject it would be them.
I found it interesting that Hitler attempted to killed all the Jubilee Orpingtons in Germany as a propaganda tool. That seems just weird and pointless. I wonder how many other chickens were killed by someone who had no idea what a jubilee orpington was.

these are similar to a jubilee they are tolbunt orpingtons i created
227661_329968700449888_1857035499_n.jpg

46372_329969470449811_8126187_n.jpg

184414_329969693783122_922492379_n.jpg

429108_329967970449961_1327110492_n.jpg

75054_329968347116590_1949003573_n.jpg

541676_329967300450028_56079636_n.jpg

ps a diamond jubilee is a hoax not a color,the jubilee was created for the queens diamond jubilee as a gift to her thats where people come up with the diamond part. jubilee is just 1 color pattern mahogany base some folks have jubilees that are washed out from improper breeding,if you look in the backround you can see 1 of my jubilee's this is how they are supposed to look dark mahogany.It makes me laugh what people do to make a buck and the suckers that buy into it.

ps a diamond jubilee is a hoax not a color,the jubilee was created for the queens diamond jubilee as a gift to her thats where people come up with the diamond part. jubilee is just 1 color pattern mahogany base some folks have jubilees that are washed out from improper breeding,if you look in the backround you can see 1 of my jubilee's this is how they are supposed to look dark mahogany.It makes me laugh what people do to make a buck and the suckers that buy into it.

You're incorrect, if you go back a few pages there was a discussion about what makes the two varieties, Jubilee and Diamond Jubilee, technically different.

Last edited:
I found it interesting that Hitler attempted to killed all the Jubilee Orpingtons in Germany as a propaganda tool.  That seems just weird and pointless.  I wonder how many other chickens were killed by someone who had no idea what a jubilee orpington was.

that Is Weird ...People sometimes poison themselves with their own hate..try to trample anything that wasn't their own idea..it's a Messiah or God complex...
we posted a book in here long time ago about the breeds that went extinct mostly because of wars..and a story about one man's attempt to recreate one of those breeds..it's a long story but it is possible that England Ireland,Scotland as it says Biblical,are lost tribes.it says .I sent them to the isles...the isles far away..the isles were called Brit am.. Medieval name for Britan..so if Britain created a celebration bird jubilee.. naturally he would want inside to destroy That celebration...symbolic To Kill That Bird..there is a very ancient island in Scotland called the Hebrides....one of hitlers men left a very interesting diary.. they had big plans to destroy england And the rest..
Then would regroup and go after America..

Last edited:
Nice job Lauren!

WOW, really nice...Great Job. Will you be selling eggs?
Molly

Nice job Lauren!

Thank you cheryl and miss molly,but i cant take the credit greg has done the work with all the proper crossing's,he has that magical gift of just knowing what to do.We are still in a project phase with them and greg say's he does not want to sell any right now untill there perfect in his eyes (which could be 10 years lol jk) if we do ever decide to sell eggs or chicks i can let you know.But i doubt we will sell any greg has people wanting his lavender leghorns all the time and will not budge on selling any of them.

Um, sorry but you are incorrect.
smile.png

A Jubilee Orpington is genetically a Mille Fleur bird with the Mahogany gene (Mh/Mh)

A Diamond Jubilee Orpington is genetically a Mille Fleur bird without the Mahogany gene. (mh+/mh+)

The presence of the Mahogany gene is what changes the ground color of the golden feathers in a MF bird to a deep red/brown hue.

You were correct when you said that the variety was created to mark the Queen of England's 50th year of reign, just slightly misinformed about the 2 different color varieties.
the_belgian_d_uccle_bantam-02.jpg

ducclelemonmillefleurfemale.jpg

hahaha the bird in the second picture is a bird i would cull,it looks more like it is sun faded to me than anything.to me that is a undesirable trait in a jubilee i like vibrant color even the black in that bird is washed out,i split my jubilees to blacks to avoid this on my farm.even if it was more like a golden neck the black should come through true and dark.just my opinion a (diamond) jubilee is a washed out jubilee from improper breeding and untill i see a flock that actually shows a distinct difference and breeds the same color true for generations im going to stick to my guns.
Greg

Quote:

, one of the premier and highly respected breeders of Jubilee and Diamond Jubilee Orpingtons in the United Kingdom:

The black on the Diamond Jubilee above is not washed out as you can see in the picture below. Click the image to enlarge it.

Quote: just my opinion a (diamond) jubilee is a washed out jubilee from improper breeding

And you are entitled to your opinion but that does not make you right.

What is positive though is genetics and the fact that we are talking about 2 very similar but ultimately different varieties due to the presence of a single gene. Like I explained a few pages ago this is very much similar to the difference between a Black Orpington and a Blue Orpington. The Blue gene, though only 1 allele, is what makes the two colors distinctly different. Just as the Mahogany gene does in the case of the Jubilee and Diamond Jubilee varieties.

I feel at this point I am beating a dead horse with this conversation. You can choose to educate yourself and understand genetics or you can maintain your ignorance about the science behind different colors and in your words "stick to your guns." Whatever you meant by that...
roll.png

Last edited:
Ordered some chicks with a friend and just picked up 4 Jubilee chicks shipped form Greenfire Farms. So excited. My own Jubilee eggs go into lockdown tomorrow. The hatching season is on! The chicks are so cute. Got my first ones as older chicks so this is quite a treat.

Back
Top Bottom