The Imported English Jubilee Orpington Thread

Pics
Our Jubilee chicks should be getting to sexing age... BUT I CANNOT SEX THEM. It is so frustrating.
he.gif

We have two larger chicks which have more white around their necks and head, and four smaller chicks which have mostly brown and black feathering. My guess is the two larger with more white are roos and the four smaller with less white are hens.

Will try and get some photos tomorrow to see if you all can help.
big_smile.png
How did they come up with the Jubilees? Ive tried goggle and it send me here...lol...What breeds "made" Jubilee?

Well with Orpingtons if the breeder doesn't trim their birds PROPERLY good luck. I trim all my breeds Orps, Ameraucanas and Araucanas.

I wonder why a breeder wouldnt do a test hatch also..I agree with Harry..trimming and checking you breeding stock befor sending eggs really helps..not to be graphic but my blk orp rooster had a little poop ball that had collected in small feathers around vent , cleaned that up, plucked below rooster vent, above hen vent and had 100% fertility..lot of less feathered bird breeders check too for debrie and things ..

Last edited:
This is my boy Atticus. He is just about a year old now. I've been told he has too much white and I should find another for breeding but I love him and my husband would not put up with me spending that kind of cash to simply replace what I already have so he's making babies. I only have a few so far but he's made some cute chicks so maybe I'll grow out a few males and see if I want to replace him... I was going to re-home the Jubilees this year but they are working their magic on me and will probably stick around. His mate Lula would not budge from under their coop so no pics of her. He is a quite a big boy and a great rooster all around. His combs a bit beaten up from frostbite this winter. He's always looking for a quick escape from the pen - loves to free range.

I think he is a beauty. I like the ones with more white. I think it makes for a more handsome rooster. Everyone who sees my jubilees are more drawn to my boy with more "frosting".

Just got my chicks today!!!! Does anyone know why some have more color then others?

I could be wrong, but it was my understanding that if they have the correct e allele, they shouldn't have stripes. I'm totally new to this color variety, though, so will be waiting for someone with experience to answer this question.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom