The Imported English Jubilee Orpington Thread

Pics
We had 3 GFF cockerels sold one now have 2. One was a deep mahogany and the other a red/Burgundy all we great markings. We have since bought a quad that were originally fancy chick line. So now we can breed our own line, we are first hatching from the GFF line to build on that side and then we will set up 2 breeding pens and if all goes well next year we will take the pullets from both pens and put them with the 3 rd rooster so as to have a 3rd pen.

Some of our jubilees from Alton Aka phantom rooster :)

Hello!

I made a recent aquisition of a Jubilee Orp Cockerel sourced from Greenfire and raised by a local breeder. She had an extra and I love him. The only LF Orpington hens I have are Lav, and I really don't want to do mutts. There won't be new stock from my local breeder until Spring, but she may have a red or two. Is it a sin to cross Jub onto Red, or is it more like when you braid in a black into chocolate or Lav to improve color? I need to read this whole thread, but if someone can shortcut me, so much the better.

Thanks so much,
Aleta G.

Cluckfan, congrats!!! They look like a pair to me also! How lucky! I posted a pic of my two little jubilee orps that are about the same age a few posts ago. I also am hoping for a pair. Seems the girls feather quicker then the boys and the boys are more white. My "boy" is getting more feathers in now though and alot of the white is dissapearing.

starting to
Get their feathers in at aprox 5 weeks. Looks like a pair too!

Back
Top Bottom