The Imported English Jubilee Orpington Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by cherylcohen, Oct 8, 2011.

1. TNBEARCHICK

TNBEARCHICK Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2012
    JOHNSON CITY
    We had 3 GFF cockerels sold one now have 2. One was a deep mahogany and the other a red/Burgundy all we great markings. We have since bought a quad that were originally fancy chick line. So now we can breed our own line, we are first hatching from the GFF line to build on that side and then we will set up 2 breeding pens and if all goes well next year we will take the pullets from both pens and put them with the 3 rd rooster so as to have a 3rd pen.

2. little blue

little blue Chillin' with my Orps

Jul 11, 2010
    Mansfield, CT
    Some of our jubilees from Alton Aka phantom rooster :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Gardengirl73

Gardengirl73 Chillin' With My Peeps

I'll go out tomorrow and try to get some shots. One of my guys is in post 321 in this thread. Just a few posts back. He's a lot more mahogany than the picture shows. He was sitting in bright light.

4. Sonja73

Sonja73 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2012
    Walterville, OR
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. AletaG

AletaG Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2013
    Olympic Peninsula, WA
    Hello!

I made a recent aquisition of a Jubilee Orp Cockerel sourced from Greenfire and raised by a local breeder. She had an extra and I love him. The only LF Orpington hens I have are Lav, and I really don't want to do mutts. There won't be new stock from my local breeder until Spring, but she may have a red or two. Is it a sin to cross Jub onto Red, or is it more like when you braid in a black into chocolate or Lav to improve color? I need to read this whole thread, but if someone can shortcut me, so much the better.

Thanks so much,
    Aleta G.

6. cluckfan

cluckfan Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2011
    Bloomfield KY
    [​IMG][​IMG]starting to
    Get their feathers in at aprox 5 weeks. Looks like a pair too!

7. curranchickens

curranchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2011
    Fredericskburg, VA
    Cluckfan, congrats!!! They look like a pair to me also! How lucky! I posted a pic of my two little jubilee orps that are about the same age a few posts ago. I also am hoping for a pair. Seems the girls feather quicker then the boys and the boys are more white. My "boy" is getting more feathers in now though and alot of the white is dissapearing.

8. curranchickens

curranchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2011
    Fredericskburg, VA
    Oh and I LOVE the photo bombing in the first shot! Lol

9. cluckfan

cluckfan Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2011
    Bloomfield KY
    Yes I'm really excited and it looks like the little roo is much darker as well. I'm going to check out your pics!

10. Sonja73

Sonja73 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2012
    Walterville, OR

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by