The Imported English Jubilee Orpington Thread

Pics
I never doubted her English origins. I was just wondering that the not so bright genes she has (also my Jubilees from 2 different sources have), whether they are limited to English breeds only or other Orpingtons that have American blood carry those genes as well.
mine are definately NOT very bright.. but what they lack in that they seem to make up for in friendliness! my little silkies can boss these big girls around if they want to

I never doubted her English origins. I was just wondering that the not so bright genes she has (also my Jubilees from 2 different sources have), whether they are limited to English breeds only or other Orpingtons that have American blood carry those genes as well.
[/quote}

Oh, sorry, I completely misunderstood. My bad! I wonder too. I almost got an American buff last year and glad I didn't as I love the look of these. Wish I knew the answer though. I think Australorps are smart but they are a different strain altogether.

@mollybuck

Both options should be possible.
Putting your blue cockerel (out of jubilee x splash) over jubilee hens or your blue hen (out of jubilee x splash) with a jubilee cockerel will bring you one step closer to those blue jubilees.
Always put the next generation together with a pure jubilee and you will get there. When having extra time and space, you can always put together the two blues and see what you get.

This is the little cockerel I was talking you about. He is from the beginning of April. For a Wyandotte bantam he is quite a heavy boy for his age.

These are his two sisters from the same hatch.
The one on the left is also the result of jubilee x splash (she recently started showing red in her chest), the one on the right is the result of jubilee x gold laced blue (she is a pullet even tough her comb and wattles are quite big and red).

These 4 pullets are from the 15th of April. Very clean blue, not showing any red so far.

These two come from jubilee x gold laced blue. Pullet on the left, cockerel on the right.

I need some help please on figuring boy or girl. I'm leaning towards girl. Can you help?

Alright y'all. Just gave my not too swift Jubilee Orp broody 3 BBS/BBlav Ameraucana hatching eggs. When she got into the coop she made positive noises went over to one.... moved it an inch closer to her body and promptly moved into the corner 8 inches from the eggs and went back in her trance.

I put them under her and she accepted... It's going to be a long 10 days. I'm not too optimistic.
1f423.png

my awesome guys are getting ginormous.

this is Elvis

and this is Tarzan

here's Tarzan watching over the ladies

and finally my first chick to hatch!!
tarzan is a handsome guy! I love the darker red! and yea!! on the chick! I have a bunch in my incubator now.. I set 20 of my own, but hopefully a few of them will be splash/jubilee cross! they should hatch on june 12th!

Back
Top Bottom