The Imported English Jubilee Orpington Thread

Pics

We enjoy our Jubilee so much. Three pullets and a cockerel. I am anxious for them to begin laying.

Last edited:
So I have my jubilee group, and got some blue jubilees growing out to add. I was told adding the blue jubilees in will work like a BBS line. With that, the possibility of jubilee splashes. Does anyone have any pics of jubilee splashes? I've never seen one

Got my second Jubilee Orp today! She's around 3 weeks old. I'm hoping it's a pullet, because then I'll finally have a breeding pair. I've been trying to get my hands on another one since I bought my big roo Benedict last February, but it's taken me ages. I picked the chick with the smallest comb; I guess I can only wait to find out.

Got my second Jubilee Orp today! She's around 3 weeks old. I'm hoping it's a pullet, because then I'll finally have a breeding pair. I've been trying to get my hands on another one since I bought my big roo Benedict last February, but it's taken me ages. I picked the chick with the smallest comb; I guess I can only wait to find out.

I am finding that the comb isn't a the best indicator for gender in this breed. My pullets have feathered out faster than the cockerels. Also the cockerels chest feathers tend to have a lot of white. Their being such a slow maturing breed makes them challenging to sex at a young age.

I am finding that the comb isn't a the best indicator for gender in this breed.  My pullets have feathered out faster than the cockerels.  Also the cockerels chest feathers tend to have a lot of white.  Their being such a slow maturing breed makes them challenging to sex at a young age. 

I agree. The cockerels feather in slower and much more white. I watch the legs too. Thicker usually on the cockerels.

Started working on blue jubilee Wyandotte bantams.
Crossed a jubilee cockerel with splash hens and a blue laced golden hen.
In 2016, the F1 will be put together with a jubilee cockerel.
How were the blue jubilee Orpingtons created?
Anybody with pictures of the F1/F2/F... or valuable tips?
Always happy to hear opinions and/or critique.

Wanted to post some updated pictures. They're about 3 1/2 months old now and are growing SO quickly.

Back
Top Bottom