The Imported English Jubilee Orpington Thread

Pics
Mine are only dark pinkish in lay and they are over 2 years.
1f606.png
Hhhmm..mine have always been a lighter color, then turned a darker pink or red when they started laying. Guess it doesn't always work.. :)

I finally bought Jubilees this year!

I had been waiting. Now I will have both the original and the blue! I am excited to add this color to my flock of Orpingtons!!!!!!!

Hey, I've got a few birds that were the result of crossing my Lavender roo with my Jubilee hens (I raised them all together and didn't get them divided in time). The resulting chicks are either solid closest black or they have a little copper around their necks and breast like a Black Star (or like a Black-Copper Marans). So I know that the next generation brings out the Lavender gene. If I cross these birds back to my Jubilee roo I'm guessing at least some will have the Lavender gene but will any of them look like a Jubilee with the Mahogany lightened and the black converted to Lavender? Is this anything that anyone intentionally breeds towards? Will the resulting chicks look decent or just be a mess? Right now I've just been selling them off for $10 ea but they are nice looking, robust birds.

Hi! I'm new to raising the Jubilee Orpingtons, and I just got a starter flock of Greenfire Farms and Mark Sacre bloodlines last fall which I'm hoping to hatch several chicks from this spring. I'm not too sure on how to price them though, any advice?

Also, how do you improve their coloring? One of my girls is beautiful, but the other two don't have as nice of a pattern. What can I do about that?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom