The Imported English Jubilee Orpington Thread

Pics
Also, how do you improve their coloring? One of my girls is beautiful, but the other two don't have

as nice of a pattern. What can I do about that?

Most go for around $30 grown, $15-$25 Straight run chicks in my area. If your girls haven't had thier first molt, I'd wait to decide
On their looks. I've had some with just a few spots turn into a gorgeous pattern after 1st molt that's twice as prolific in spots.

Most go for around $30 grown, $15-$25 Straight run chicks in my area. If your girls haven't had thier first molt, I'd wait to decide
On their looks. I've had some with just a few spots turn into a gorgeous pattern after 1st molt that's twice as prolific in spots.
WOW! That's cheap. All the full grown Jubilee Orps I've seen are $50+ each, with most being around $75 each. I guess it just depends on where you get your stock though, because I wouldn't sell any of my full grown birds for less than $50 each. At $50 each, you're not making any money. Not with the time, food, bedding, lighting, incubator, etc, etc, etc. that you have put into them.

I finally managed to hatch out some Jubilee chicks! I had three this time around. Hopefully from here on out I will get more than just three per week. They didn't really want to cooperate and really seemed to flee to the back of the brooder more than any of the other chicks...but maybe it just seemed that way. Funny, all three have fairly prominent chipmunk stripes but I don't remember any of the parents having them.

WOW! That's cheap. All the full grown Jubilee Orps I've seen are $50+ each, with most being around $75 each. I guess it just depends on where you get your stock though, because I wouldn't sell any of my full grown birds for less than $50 each. At $50 each, you're not making any money. Not with the time, food, bedding, lighting, incubator, etc, etc, etc. that you have put into them.

Mine wasn't at POL when I got her for $30-but she was a pullet. I do see them advertised for similar pricing here in TN. I will say, the breeder I bought all mine from is excellent and has the best operation I've ever seen and their type is gorgeous. Mine are out of Marc Sacre and Fancy Chick. He also sells Creles, GL, and Red Cuckoo. I know there are a lot of people with chickens in TN though, so maybe it's the market.

Mine wasn't at POL when I got her for $30-but she was a pullet. I do see them advertised for similar pricing here in TN. I will say, the breeder I bought all mine from is excellent and has the best operation I've ever seen and their type is gorgeous. Mine are out of Marc Sacre and Fancy Chick. He also sells Creles, GL, and Red Cuckoo. I know there are a lot of people with chickens in TN though, so maybe it's the market.
Yeah, I bought mine straight from Fancy Chicks & Carolina Rare Chicks. They were $20++ for day old chicks. I'd love to find a pullet close to POL for $30. I'm in FL. Maybe I should look for a place in TN. lol

I know jubilee is mainly in large fowl
And know they come in bantams too. But i have only seen the bantams in the UK. Do we have them here in the US?

Thanks for the reply, I don't want to over or under price them for my area. I live close to Jackson in West TN. The breeder these came from is located in Memphis, and his 2yr old laying hens/rooster were on Craigslist for $50 each. The birds I got were juveniles and cost me $30 each. My intention is to raise a nice sized flock of my own, but then sell some as well. Thanks for the tip about the molt, I can't wait to see how they turn out! I am currently gathering hatching eggs to incubate this week. This is the first time I've used an incubator, but my silkie just isn't broody right now and I don't want to wait. Thanks again.
smile.png

I'm not sure if there is another thread-but I have a flock of Jubilee Orpingtons (Chickenhill line) that I am selling(one rooster, 1 hen, 6 10 month old pullets). Open to reasonable offers, as we need pen room. It is snowing like mad here, but here are 3 photos from November.

Back
Top Bottom