The Imported English Jubilee Orpington Thread

Hello :) Here are my four Jubilee. I have a blue cockerel and 3 pullets. I think they are about 10 weeks old now, the one pullet is a little older. None of them are perfect but hopefully through selection I can get what I'm looking for. I feel like the larger pullet is too orange, the one pullet doesn't have enough white but has a nice ground color. The roo and both younger pullets are showing nice round body types. I'm new to orpingtons though and still learning.

older pullet and blue roo

older pullet

pullet 2

pullet 2 and blue roo

pullet all the way to the left is my most promising I think if she develops more size, pullet 3

@dreamwallaby

I would like to follow the evolution in color of your blue cockerel. I am working on blue jubilees myself but with the Wyandotte bantams. Pullet 2 might be just a split for the mottled gen.
Good looking flock! Keep us posted
yippiechickie.gif

how can you tell between an Orpington and a Sussex they look so similar.. of coarse I don't know the breeds like some people but they are so close I owned a Sussex and buff. the sssex filled out differently and looked as if had smaller legs. how will I ever know just looking what I have.

how can you tell between an Orpington and a Sussex they look so similar.. of coarse I don't know the breeds like some people but they are so close I owned a Sussex and buff. the sssex filled out differently and looked as if had smaller legs. how will I ever know just looking what I have.

jubilee Orpingtons are much larger birds and more rounded. A Sussex has more of an upright posture where Orpingtons have shorter legs and are closer to the ground. A Sussex has a longer upright tail and the Orpingtons have a cushioned tail that fans out. I call it their bustle. The straight comb on an Orpington is very small in females and smallish on most males. A Speckled Sussex usually has a huge straight comb, similar to that of a leghorn. I'm having trouble uploading photos from my phone today, but when I get to my laptop later, I can post a comparison.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom