The Imported English Jubilee Orpington Thread

Hello all:
We are very sad today because our jubilee Roo died. He left behind 2 girls. Does anyone know how long my girls might still be fertile if he was doing his business? I'm firing up my incubator and I'm going to put all the eggs in for a week or so in hopes of getting a few chicks. Or does anyone in Southern California or Arizona Phoenix area have a Mature rooster they would be willing to sell at a reasonable price.

Hello all:
We are very sad today because our jubilee Roo died. He left behind 2 girls. Does anyone know how long my girls might still be fertile if he was doing his business? I'm firing up my incubator and I'm going to put all the eggs in for a week or so in hopes of getting a few chicks. Or does anyone in Southern California or Arizona Phoenix area have a Mature rooster they would be willing to sell at a reasonable price.
At least a good two weeks if he was doing his job.

Orps are really a nice bird. I have 5 Buff hens that I purchased at a local farm store last Spring. I just hatched out a Jubilee and a Lemon Buff last weekend. I plan on getting more eggs next weekend to hatch so I can start my little flocks of each. I am also going to get some Silver Lace Blacks to hatch. We named the

little Jubilee chick is named Touchdown (hatched on Superbowl Sunday). and the Lemon Buff is Pigskin (pipped on Superbowl Sunday).

Hello all:
I am in a similar situation. I lost mine as well, but it was while the girls were not laying as well...I too am on the search for another boy.. im hoping someone who bought one from my may have one!

I am in a similar situation.  I lost mine as well, but it was while the girls were not laying as well...I too am on the search for another boy.. im hoping someone who bought one from my may have one!

I lost my biggest roo not too long ago. I had two brothers in the same run sharing the hens and they had always gotten along. I added some new pullets and all of a sudden they were fighting. I didn't take it too seriously and figured that they would work it out. I came back home after being gone for the weekend only to find that both birds looked pretty bad but the largest of the two was clearly in distress. I isolated him to let him recover but he died quickly after.

HI! Does anyone on this thread have Jubilees in Maryland/D.C./Northern Virginia? Still miss my beautiful girl and am thinking of getting either hatching eggs or female chicks.

HI! Does anyone on this thread have Jubilees in Maryland/D.C./Northern Virginia? Still miss my beautiful girl and am thinking of getting either hatching eggs or female chicks.
I'm not in Maryland, but I sell hatching eggs & I do ship. I've attached a few pics of my flock. I have a Blue Jubilee cockbird over regular Jubilee hens. Fertility & hatch rate on my shipped eggs has been excellent. PM me if you have any questions. Thanks!!

HI Anac1979,
Thank you for your response! Can you inform me what the difference is between the "regular, non blue" gene jubilees and the blue gene ones and the what/why the crosses do??? I had one from GFF lines that we loved but I don't believe it had a blue gene x. And can you tell me where to go if I want to order?

Last edited:
Can't edit my post above to include a photo...Here is a photo of her on the left from 2 years ago:

[/IMG]
She really was only 9 months here and became really gorgeous, fluffy and big! Other than my buff she was one of top 5 favorites ever.

Back
Top Bottom