The Incubator Thread

I'm sure you've heard this question before but do you guys take the eggs out of the turner and raise the humidity until day 18 or 19
I try to play it by ear (eye?). If the eggs still look like the air cells still aren't quite where I'd like them, I wait until day 19.

This is day 18 for this egg, the dip is not even as far down as I would like. The egg will dip much lower than this. chick has to use all the excess fluid if you add water too soon it can drown. Also shine light in pointed end.if light shows it is not a second air cell it is undigested fluids and your egg may be a couple days behind. good luck on your hatch.

This is day 18 for this egg, the dip is not even as far down as I would like. The egg will dip much lower than this. chick has to use all the excess fluid if you add water too soon it can drown. Also shine light in pointed end.if light shows it is not a second air cell it is undigested fluids and your egg may be a couple days behind. good luck on your hatch.
Thanks for the advice all. So if the pip into the air cell isn't far down enough day 19?

just to clarify we were talking about the slope on day 18/19 and when to add humidity.

best to candle on day 18 if it is sloped enough then you decide if you want to add water. I add very little, then it is time to stop candling, or candle on day 19 to check slope then stop candling.

happy hatching.

P.S. if you do add water and you see dew forming on glass of incubator that is too much water.

Last edited:
just to clarify we were talking about the slope on day 18/19 and when to add humidity. 

best to candle on day 18 if it is sloped enough then you decide if you want to add water. I add very little, then it is time to stop candling, or candle on day 19 to check slope then stop candling.

happy hatching.

P.S. if you do add water and you see dew forming on glass of incubator that is too much water.
k thanks excited to candle tomorrow! :)

I have a question, I am after an incubator for hatching and have been offered a Hovabator 1584A with no turner. I have also been offered a Lab Oven that can also be used as a hatcher. If you were in my shoes what would you go for and how reliable are the Hovabators? I have heard lots of good things about them but also have heard they can fluctuate in temp also. Thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom