The Journey of Cottonball

Pics

newchck

Songster
Apr 20, 2020
Midwest
Cottonball aka Puff Ball Genius is our little rescue bunny. He/She is about 3 weeks old and we rescued him on 3/4. The little one is in fairly rough shape, but is getting better for sure! I thought I would make this thread so others can enjoy the journey and cuteness of Cottonball!

3/4: Cottonball is found in my in-laws yard and I get the call that they need help, so naturally we bring him home, lol! He gets the tiniest bit of molasses before we start bottle feeding. We did the molasses because he was so lethargic and we wanted to give him a boost. He eats about 5'ccs and decides he is done. We then realize his eyes are matted over, and one of them is quite red and swollen. Luckily we get the less swollen eye open after a long soak and gentle rubbing with a warm cotton ball. The other eye we decide to save for tomorrow to give him a break. Cottonball weighs 6.2oz today.

Last edited:
3/5: Cottonball survived the night and we are thrilled! We took pictures today.
3.5.21 Cottonball.JPG
3.5.21 Cottonball 1.JPG
3.5.21 Cottonball 2.JPG

You can see the better eye is already opened from our soak the night before, but the big swollen eye is still a mess. He ate 8cc's this morning and went back to sleep afterwards. At 4:30 he ate another 8'ccs, this time enthusiasticly! If I was not quick enough he would bite and tug the dropper and sniff around searching for the milk. He ran around a bit on a puppy pad and ate a single pellet, then went to sleep. At 8 we decided to tackle the eye. After a lot of soaking, eyewash, and a little bit of tugging, we got lots and lots of pus out, and then saw the eyeball! We ran to the store to get some antibiotics and applied it to both eyes just to be safe. Around 12am he got another 8'ccs, that is when he says I am done and just doesn't want anymore milk. Then went to bed. Cottonball weighs 6.1oz today.

3/6: Cottonball is having a great day today! 8cc's of milk at 8am and another 9'ccs at 4pm! Bought some meadow grass hay and he did munch on it, which is a great start. Added pellets but they are going untouched. He reacts to my voice now, will run up to the door to his little cage and perks his ears up nice and happy like. Running around lots! The infected eye is still less swollen,but still crusts over shortly after cleaning and antibiotics (the photo is after a nice soak and medication). The other eye is looking even better! We are still not sure if he can see. Cottonball weighed 6.3oz after the 4pm feeding today.

Attachments

• 3.6.21 Cottonball 1.JPG
    3.6.21 Cottonball 1.JPG
    423.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 3.6.21 Cottonball 2.JPG
    3.6.21 Cottonball 2.JPG
    439.5 KB · Views: 8
3/7: Cottonball has had an amazing day! We introduced orchard grass hay since the alfalfa was a bust, and it has been munched on lots, I also caught him drinking water out of the bowl. HIs bad eye has stayed open all day, though still swollen and red, it has gone down for sure, no more leaking and pus.He loves to run around and get pets. We are adjusting feeding schedule into 2 feedings now, once at 7am and once at 7pm, instead of 3 since he is doing so well. Cottonball ran around the room and did some binkies. Cottonball weighed 6.5oz today. More pictures tomorrow!

Sorry for lack of update last night!! Yesterday Cottonball had another great day, the eye is even better and he is running around happy as usual. He loves pets on the noggin and loves meal time even more! We don't have to hold him to nurse him anymore, he will just sit there and search out the eye dropper that we feed him with. Somehow his weight came in at 7.2oz yesterday!!
3.8.JPG
3.8 1.JPG

Last edited:
Yesterday was a great day! Cottonball is so full of energy and wants to run around all of the time. He lovessss munching on hay and he weighed 7.3oz yesterday! Sorry for lack of pictures, I will get some up tonight hopefully! I have been having car troubles to figure out :)

Back
Top Bottom