The Joys of Owning Imported Orpingtons

Oh, so pretty. I want buffs
sad.png
but I'm running out of pens and room.

Let me know... lol I have chicks everywhere.. and I will be offering some juvi pairs just as soon as I find the time to take some pictures

Majority spangle males having red leakage. (Automatic cull)
Most females looking pure spangle but carrying the Jubilee gene.
When bred back to a pure spangle male you'll hatch some Jubilee chicks.

Someone correct me if im wrong, but that's my understanding.

Majority spangle males having red leakage. (Automatic cull)
Most females looking pure spangle but carrying the Jubilee gene.
When bred back to a pure spangle male you'll hatch some Jubilee chicks.

Someone correct me if im wrong, but that's my understanding.
yep same thing I have been told

Only do it to improve the Jubilee....... and cull all the mottle/spangle chicks DO NOT BREED them they will carry red leakage and ruin your Mottle/Spangle line...... for generations.

Last edited:
Only do it to improve the Jubilee....... and cull all the mottle/spangle chicks DO NOT BREED them they will carry red leakage and ruin your Mottle/Spangle line...... for generations. 

I have this very project going on right now, I like my Jubilee but they are on the smaller side as compared to my BBS import birds. I have a spangle x jubilee roo who is spangled in appearance over 3 Jubilee girls, and his sister is in with a Jubilee roo. I am just getting ready to start hatching and any and all that hatch spangle will be culled, not used in any breeding pen. the Jubilee I will grow out and put back to a pure Jubilee from then on. Hopefully I add some size. I asked a lot of questions before doing this, and now seeing the issues popping up in the Spangled birds, it seems that some others did not and now quite a few spangled birds out there with red feathers or producing jubilee chicks. Which is not a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom