The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

Khaki Campbell - egg laying ducks available - Central PA - near Hershey
Our egg laying ducks have had some ducklings this past year. If you are interesting in taking some on approx seven (7) (males and females) let me know. These are solid
egg layers for seven plus years. The ages of the ducks may be mixed. These are for egg layer - not butchering. Make a fair offer and let me know your intent.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khaki_Campbell
Also this breed is listed as a 'watch' breed seen here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Livestock_Conservancy
Thanks

Khaki Campbell - egg laying ducks available - Central PA - near Hershey
Our egg laying ducks have had some ducklings this past year. If you are interesting in taking some on approx seven (7) (males and females) let me know. These are solid
egg layers for seven plus years. The ages of the ducks may be mixed. These ducks are for egg laying - not butchering.

Also this breed is listed as a 'watch' breed by the livestock conservancy

Thanks

My sister sent me a pic of my new paired Khaki Campbell Ducks. She will
be bringing them to me from Iowa to Texas during our Christmas visit. In the meantime,
they are settling nicely at her farm. She will be driving them down in her car.

they look like a nice pair...they should love Texas after winter in Iowa!!!

D.gif

I have two female ducks. Both all brown. One is a little lighter in color than the other. Yesterday I noticed behavior I never seen in them. The darker duck was on top the lighter duck, like she was trying to breed?? I know for sure that both are females I get eggs from them both. We have a male in the flock but of a different breed. IS the normal behavioral? Or does my duck have identity issues?

My girls are such a hoot! I am new to ducks and was pleasantly surprised with their antics. We are working on them not being so scared of me. Any suggestions? They were hatched on 6-11-14. They also seem to be dropping feathers again, mostly the smaller fluffy ones. Is this normal for Khaki Campbells? I wouldn't think they would be molting right before winter is due to arrive...

My girls are such a hoot! I am new to ducks and was pleasantly surprised with their antics. We are working on them not being so scared of me. Any suggestions? They were hatched on 6-11-14. They also seem to be dropping feathers again, mostly the smaller fluffy ones. Is this normal for Khaki Campbells? I wouldn't think they would be molting right before winter is due to arrive...
Try to give them treats like dry mealworms that might help with them being scared, I have a KC and she was nervous now she come's to me when I call her or when she knows I have a treat! Also I walk around the yard with a small garden shovel and start digging as soon as I start digging she runs over to find worms! As to them dropping feathers they are still young and might still be getting in new feathers, molting can happen as well at any time of the year some times twice a year and around fall to early winter. I would not worry about it to much! KC are great ducks as well as good egg layers! good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom