The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

All my ducks are 5-6 weeks old and just starting to make noise off and on. Doesn't help I have a lot of chickens and other ducks quacking in the back. I'll try again with her running around outside when it is nice out.

All my ducks are 5-6 weeks old and just starting to make noise off and on. Doesn't help I have a lot of chickens and other ducks quacking in the back. I'll try again with her running around outside when it is nice out.

Okay yeah that noise doesnt sound normal to me...
I dont know if its the way its coming theu, but that sounds like coughing to me.
I have never heard one of my ducks make that noise

Guys or gals? One has blue feathers on wings so I'm guessing he's a he, but my other one I'm not so sure yet. Neither has a distinct quack yet, my blue feather guy has a raspy male sound, my other one still has a more baby peep

Guys or gals? One has blue feathers on wings so I'm guessing he's a he, but my other one I'm not so sure yet. Neither has a distinct quack yet, my blue feather guy has a raspy male sound, my other one still has a more baby peep

Looks like they are both colored like my boy. If you havent heard any loud quacks i would say both boys

Im so glad you showed me the coloring thing! So helpful
1f44d-1f3fb.png

Happy to help! You're getting good at it! About six months ago when my second batch was getting their feathers, I noticed the color thing and asked about it on here. Another person confirmed that they had known about it and wondered why most don't mention it. She said it works with all "lace" ducks. I assume that means ones with pencilling.

What's the best way to get my ducks to like me and be friendly. Lol. They don't like to be held, they won't come to me. They are 5 weeks old.

Treats! Mealworms, thawed peas, lettuce, tomatoes, watermelon, etc.. Ducks are prey animals so I don't think they will ever like being grabbed. Mine will come running to me and climb in my lap if it will get them mealworms! They go through a stage some call the "gingerbread man" where they run and are scared of everything. Yours are about that age so be patient, move slowly, and spoil them rotten with treats and they will love you!
2764.png

Back
Top Bottom