The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Taylor, Feb 28, 2010.

1. lucky5101

lucky5101 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2012
    maryland

Hahaha! When we take ours in the yard to play, I use a roasting pan of water for them to splash in. Maybe they can go to therapy together Lol.

2. tmrutter3

tmrutter3 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 6, 2014
    Lancaster, PA
    Maybe we'd get a group discount!!lol

3. Carcajou

Carcajou Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2012
    Delhi, New York
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. laughingdog

laughingdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2011
    Newport Tennessee
    The woman of the house used to use her roasting pan put down outside for my pigeons to bath in. she said now all she will have to do is call them into kitchen,open lid and call them in in groups and close lid. the pan of course on and on stove.. she hates the pigeons. she tolerates and feeds the chickens as they lay daily eggs we can't eat all of, and loves the scovy. she isn't sure yet on the KCs as says doesn't like quacking they are starting to do or smell of. dumar brand makes poop come out and smell terrible, but grew up my leghorns i had years ago great and quick. theseKCs seem to need catching up so I'm putting up with messy smelly poos.

5. Duck Love88

Duck Love88 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2014
    New York
    [​IMG] Hello Everyone, Im new to BYC but just wanted to drop in and say hello. I am a proud new mother duck for 6 khaki campbells! well 4... im not sure exactly what the other 2 are but they were cute so I got them too! Being as this is the first time I have ever owned ducks or any bird other then a cockatiel when I was 8, I was looking for some good advice and this looked like a great place to start. Below the first picture is of the ducklings at 1 week old. Below that is the 2 weeks old and then 4 1/2 weeks old picture and the duck house in progess below that. It is a 6'x6' duck house and will have a 6x12 run off the side. I am fortunate enough to be married to a carpenter[​IMG] , which has saved me boat loads of money rather than buying one. Anyways enjoy the pictures as I enjoy seeing everyone else's!!! ....Updated Duck Pen pictures coming soon, I know when I was looking for ideas all the pictures helped a lot!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  6. Duckcommander12

Duckcommander12 New Egg

Apr 8, 2014
    Horseheads New York
    Hey everybody
    well I have a question any hopefully yall can help me out so when we got are 6 ducks it was just a straight run an we ended up wid 4 males an 2 females..... is this going to be a problem an should I get a couple more female ducks or should we be ok????

Any help will be greatly appreciated

7. Duck Love88

Duck Love88 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2014
    New York
  8. brittanyd

brittanyd Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2013
    albany ga
    Hello I have a Kc and I was wondering if anyone has KC/pekin crosses the hen is KC and the drake is pekin just wanted to get an idea of what my ducklings will look like

9. HollyDuckFarmer

HollyDuckFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2012
    LP Michigan
    Mine all look like Sweedish. But here mom was Pekin, dad KC

1 person likes this.
  10. brittanyd

brittanyd Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2013
    albany ga
    I'm really excited I got 9 more days till they hatch and I just can't wait to see how they turn out :) these are my first ducks and first time incubating duck eggs I know they are just gonna be precious thanks for the quick response

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by