The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Taylor, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Ren2014

Ren2014 Blessed Beyond Hope

Jan 27, 2014
    Texas
    Hello and [​IMG] Looks like the other two may be Rouens or Mallards from what I can see. Your duck house looks great! Can't wait to see the final pic[​IMG]

2. Ren2014

Ren2014 Blessed Beyond Hope

Jan 27, 2014
    Texas
    I think you are going to have a problem. 3-5 females for each male is a good average for ducks. Your females will get ganged up on and get hurt. I would definitely get more girls or re-home some males.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  3. Brookhavens

Brookhavens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2012
    Brooksville,FL
    Who says Khaki's don't go broody. My little lady is sitting on 16 eggs.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Cassie Collins

Cassie Collins Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2014
    Texas
    Aa
    Who says Khaki's don't go broody. My little lady is sitting on 16 eggs. [​IMG] [/quote Aawww, so exciting :)!

5. TherryChicken

TherryChicken Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2012
    del valle, tx
    My muscovies are sitting on 16 too. Go mama kahki!

6. Britesea

Britesea Out Of The Brooder

Jun 3, 2013

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  7. CraftyChicky

CraftyChicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2012
    Georgia
    Well I am the proud mama of 6 khaki Campbell ducks. I was in Tractor Supply picking up chick food....and guess what they had! So, unexpectedly home with 6 ducklings. Two hours later they are cozy in their little brooder that was rapidly thrown together for them. :lol:

8. CraftyChicky

CraftyChicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2012
    Georgia
    [​IMG]

Here are the little guys. So cute.

9. Brookhavens

Brookhavens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2012
    Brooksville,FL
    I knew she was going broody when she stopped laying eggs in the nest boxes. She has been an excellent egg layer since she started last fall and then a few weeks ago there was no egg. After a week without eggs I tried searching for her nest but had no luck what so ever. She was still out free ranging with the chickens and then when she disappeared 2 weeks ago I knew something was up. She would come out at dinner time to eat and go for a swim with her mate and then disappear behind a huge bush that is up against the house. I knew she had a nest in there but didn't want to get cut up from all the thorns on the bush. Yesterday I heard her quack and was able to locate the nest and get a quick picture of her.

As for incubating the eggs I have had very good luck with them. I usually keep the humidity in the low 40's for the first 25 days and then in lockdown I up it to the low 70's. I use a Sportsman incubator so they are upright from start to finish.

10. Britesea

Britesea Out Of The Brooder

Jun 3, 2013
    [​IMG] They are so cute! Had they been sexed so you know what you have?
    Our Grange CoOp had KC's for sale, but I had to wait 2 days until the paycheck came in. By the time I went back they were all gone [​IMG] so I will have to wait until my Silver Appleyards are ready at Holderread's.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by