The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

Pics
Well, my guys are about 2 and a half months old and HUGE! I know they aren't full grown yet. I still can't tell which are boys and which are girls though. I hear rasps and quacks, but they always travel as a pack and look the same anyway. Bwahaha! They aren't very friendly, but since I moved them into the bigger pen they have been not QUITE as scared of me. I guess I won't ever get to snuggle with ducks.
sad.png

I feel your pain.... I'm a wannabe duck snuggler also. Hang in there. I'm not giving up on mine yet:)

when we first got our birds...little one in the back is now named Elsa

The super cute little blurs are Anna and Elsa, they were attacking dried meal worms. They also love water, they have a larger water dish layered in a pink tub in their brooder, and I just bought a mini swimming pool for outdoor adventures. (we're still working on our duck and chicken coops/runs). We love our duckies!
love.gif

My daughter picked up two KCs March 15, and now they have migrated to my place. So I would like to introduce Mike and Ike to you...

Neither of them seem to have a good quack, so I am thinking my daughter picked herself two drakes. . .
JW

Last edited:
I'm quite impressed with this KCs foraging and toughness for such a young duck. Was wondering....how soon did your KCs take to water? I tried when she was younger but she just seemed frightened by the water and wanted out, wouldn't attempt to swim or anything. The duckling is now almost 4 wks old.
Mine are loving water right now and they are three weeks old. They've pretty much always loved the water though!

My daughter picked up two KCs March 15, and now they have migrated to my place. So I would like to introduce Mike and Ike to you...

Neither of them seem to have a good quack, so I am thinking my daughter picked herself two drakes. . .
JW

Love the names
smile.png

Well, my guys are about 2 and a half months old and HUGE! I know they aren't full grown yet. I still can't tell which are boys and which are girls though. I hear rasps and quacks, but they always travel as a pack and look the same anyway. Bwahaha! They aren't very friendly, but since I moved them into the bigger pen they have been not QUITE as scared of me. I guess I won't ever get to snuggle with ducks.
sad.png
Get a Pekin. Mine is super friendly.

For a pure KC, male drake, green bill is totally normal. Females bills should be black, but just to keep you on your toes, I've had KC mixes that were females and had greenish bills for a bit.
smile.png
So my 5ish week KC has a light brown bill with chocolate-colored bean?

Quote: Is there any link with pics? Mine has a light brown bill with dark chocolate bean...so boy? He will be dinner if so. :(

Back
Top Bottom