The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

Pics

Our youngest Owen and his new BFF Mario :) we went to the hatchery for chick feed and ended up with ducks.

Thanks!  Mine seem to tolerate the cold better than the heat.  They need shade and lots of water in hot temps.  We had a few days in the 90s F last summer and they hated it and so did I!

Good to know because we have both extremes here and after seeing yours in the snow I'm less anxious about their first winter coming up, (for us in Aust. June/July lots of frosts).

Thank you.  He is a pretty bird but has too much white on him and a yellow bill.   Therefore I will never hatch any eggs fertilized by him though I do have a special bond with him as he is the sole survivor of my first try at raising ducks.  I got my current flock (except my drake) from Meyer Hatchery but I feel they (all females) exhibit too much penciling. 

I have heard lots of good about Metzer Farms and might try them in the future if I don't buy from one of the BYC members in the business (after my current flock have lived out their natural lives).  You might check the "Stickys" and click on the 2013 breeder's directory link.

My boys have almost black heads with an iridescent green sheen and a lime greenish beak with black detail...is that not the standard?

I meant your little one and holding the duck 'gorgeous' !

How can any little person be deprived of a real live duckling? :)

Thank you! We were planning on waiting until later this spring to get ducks but apparently the cute little voice asking for ducks was too much for DH to resist. I wasn't sold on them initially but I am now. They are so sweet!!!!

We took them for a swim in the greenhouse today too

Thank you! We were planning on waiting until later this spring to get ducks but apparently the cute little voice asking for ducks was too much for DH to resist. I wasn't sold on them initially but I am now. They are so sweet!!!!

We took them for a swim in the greenhouse today too

lol, they look very 'house and garden' swimming on that pretty pond, but I know too well what happens behind the scenes! I had mine in the laundry until they were three months and things were tense at home with the mess!:) I remember cleaning-up three times a day and spending so much time taking them for walks and swims...lost hours just playing :) Enjoy yours!

Back
Top Bottom