The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

Hi everyone! I am new to backyard chickens and new to owning a duck as well. I have one khaki girl named Olive who was born at the end of March. I've been looking around trying to get more info on what signs to look for to indicate that she's ready to start laying. We have 4 chickens along with her and they are all around the same age, we got our first chicken egg 2 days ago. So just wondering when I should expect eggs from her :) she is a very spoiled, happy duck :)
hey & welcome! She is a very pretty girl. I have 4 khakis myself, 3 boys & 1 girl. They were born also in march & like u we are waiting patiently for that first egg. Everyone says 20wks is right on for them to start laying. We will see, personally I try NOT to look at the clock or calendar except when I have to..lol so nehoo! Welcome, enjoy, & hope I was a tad bit of help answering the laying question (20wks)...lol

[/IMG][/IMG]

I was wondering if you can help me out. I bought these two ducks as little ducklings May 10 2014. I'm assuming they were a few days old then. I'm 99% sure the one is a drake. I can't figure out the other one though. I mean, is it another drake that is just taking longer to change or a female? Any help would be appreciated.

[/URL]

I was wondering if you can help me out. I bought these two ducks as little ducklings May 10 2014. I'm assuming they were a few days old then. I'm 99% sure the one is a drake. I can't figure out the other one though. I mean, is it another drake that is just taking longer to change or a female? Any help would be appreciated.
Not absolutely certain but the one on the left is definitely a drake. The one on the right may be female but looks to be developing a drake feather, can't be sure though. How do they sound when they quack. Drakes will have a low soft raspy chatter while females will make a distinct quack like the Aflac duck does.

I don't think it was a duck egg, honestly. The shell was funny. BUT!!! This morning we got a duck egg for sure. Shell looks exactly like a duck egg does!!! There is absolutely no doubt about it this time! Woop Woop! 20 1/2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom