The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

I hatched these duck on February 18 2015 the eggs where label khaki Campbell's . I got them from eBay . The reason I am asking is because one of the eggs was label Indian runner and it looks nothing like one. Also do you think the might be females? Thank for any input you may have.

So I lost my first duck and greatest duck, Ducky a week ago. She was just over 2 years old and one day didn't look herself. I brought her in and cuddled her on my bed and she passed wrapped up in the warm blanket, just laid her head sideways and fell asleep. 

I went to the hardware store to purchase a rose bush to plant on top of her grave I dug and while I was there it was like fate. They had one duckling, 2 days old, another Khaki. I swooped it up like no other. This one I imprinted on humans. She has been a doll so far. I am so happy with her. She loves doing laundry with me, watching TV shows with me, loves stealing food off my fork and spoon, haha. Sleeps every night nuzzled up between my neck and cheek. 

Has anyone else ever had an imprinted Khaki? I am afraid she can't/wont live outside with the chickens and other ducks now. But that is okay, I can deal with a house duck.

Her name is Maggie. :) 

Sorry for your loss. And glad she sent you an angel.

My largest KC (McDuck) looks as if her/his (I haven't figured out if they are all female yet, but I'm hoping) bill is turning white... is this normal or could it be early signs of a vitamin deficiency or disease? TIA

Hello all.

Just joined up today, I live in a little village in Yorkshire UK and I've had some Khaki Campbell ducks for a couple of years now. I've 2 drakes and 2 ducks and I've just hatched 8 ducklings with an old incubator I had. I've recently purchased an automatic Hovabator incubator and have 36 KC eggs and 6 Buff Orpington duck eggs a week into incubation so I'll hopefully have some new arrivals in around 3 weeks.

Hello all. Just joined up today, I live in a little village in Yorkshire UK and I've had some Khaki Campbell ducks for a couple of years now. I've 2 drakes and 2 ducks and I've just hatched 8 ducklings with an old incubator I had. I've recently purchased an automatic Hovabator incubator and have 36 KC eggs and 6 Buff Orpington duck eggs a week into incubation so I'll hopefully have some new arrivals in around 3 weeks.
Sounds like a lot of babies coming ! Beautiful birds and adorable babies by the way :love

Last edited:
Hello, I adopted a pair of Khakis and I am trying to read past posts. They are almost 3 months old as far as I was told. I have them in a large pen inside of my chicken run.I hope to learn more about them and see what sex the two are.At this point I can't tell since they run and hide from me.

Hi everyone i was wondering what size should khaki Campbell eggs be? Bc I just got 10 khaki campbell eggs and I was wondering what size they should be bc they are really small compared to my pekin eggs and are actually probably smaller then my leghorn chicken eggs.

Hi everyone i was wondering what size should khaki Campbell eggs be? Bc I just got 10 khaki campbell eggs and I was wondering what size they should be bc they are really small compared to my pekin eggs and are actually probably smaller then my leghorn chicken eggs.
Hi Ducklove290, My KCs are six months old and lay eggs that are extra large. The KCs did not go through a pullet stage. Their eggs have always been much bigger than the eggs we get from our chickens which are all heavy breeds. The shells look like ivory porcelain vs the rougher looking chicken eggs. -DB

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom