The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

I know KC aren't trypically meat ducks, but I would like to know at what weight/age would be considered butchering age?

I have babies I hatched out 3 out of 4 eggs. They are KC / Cayuga . According to storey's guide to raising ducks if the drake is brown or khaki and mates with a black hen the offspring's will be gray or black if they are boys and khaki or brown for girls. is that true what do you think about these cuties.

I have babies I hatched out 3 out of 4 eggs. They are KC / Cayuga . According to storey's guide to raising ducks if the drake is brown or khaki and mates with a black hen the offspring's will be gray or black if they are boys and khaki or brown for girls. is that true what do you think about these cuties.

Whatever they are, they are adorable.

I didn't take any pics of the kids today because I didn't want to wake them up. They were all sleeping in the sunshine on nice, green grass. They looked so happy and comfortable. Considering they had no dry ground, let alone grass where they were before it felt so good to see them so relaxed.

I think Marvin has diarrhea though, his butt feathers are quite wet and dirty. Any suggestions for a cure?

@Amiga Just an update in case you were wondering. I have been giving him an epsom salt bath for 4 days now as well as epsom salt compress. Both once a day and im not seeing any signs of progress yet but im going to keep trying for at least a week. he is still eating and drinking and im keeping him on Antibiotic.
How long should i wait to maybe see some progress like the swelling going down at least?
Thanks in advance!

Can someone enlighten me as to how ducks are claimed to be better than and even easier to maintain than chickens? Mine seem to be more trouble and lot more messy.

@Amiga Just an update in case you were wondering. I have been giving him an epsom salt bath for 4 days now as well as epsom salt compress. Both once a day and im not seeing any signs of progress yet but im going to keep trying for at least a week. he is still eating and drinking and im keeping him on Antibiotic.
How long should i wait to maybe see some progress like the swelling going down at least?
Thanks in advance!

Without a vet's resources (like blood tests and such), we are making some educated guesses.

There may be some kind of internal imbalance that is causing the swelling, and so an anti-inflammatory or change in diet might make a difference. For example, if the kidneys are having a hard time, that might cause swelling. I am not a vet, so I cannot provide a full list of possibilities.

You are keeping him from drinking the Epsom salt water, right? It's a laxative.

Back
Top Bottom