The Kindness And Positivity Thread

Pics
Plantain was my chickens' first favorite food. I can't wait until it's up and growing! I hope they still like it...

Oh, the woods can be so peaceful! Today not so much, as it's VERY windy. So I went down to my garden, which is in a bit of a valley. I picked a bucket full of just-starting-to-grow weeds and gave them to the chickens.

There's a reason "chicken" almost rhymes with "magician." They turn weeds into eggs!

Even though it's about 40 degrees, the wind is making it feel a lot colder. So I'm staying inside more today.

Here's a kindness and positivity thought: don't forget to be kind and positive to yourself. You can't give it away if you don't have some. Never feel bad about taking care of yourself. Like they say in the emergency briefing on airplanes: if the masks come down, put one over your own face before you help someone else. If you pass out, you can't help anyone.
i agree with that!
View attachment 2574898
Hey everyone! The theme for today's challenges is inspired by this quote - today, why don’t you decide what you're going to do to be “A rainbow in someone else's cloud, ” and feel free to share what you did! :hugs
yes! great idea :hugs
That reminded me of a story I read in Reader's Digest many (many-many) years ago, as one of their funny-true page filler bits.
----------------------------
A station wagon with four nuns was returning from a trip into a not-very-good neighborhood when the car stalled at an intersection. The Sisters looked around, all they saw were rough looking guys on their motorcycles staring at them. The Sisters bent their heads and prayed.

One of the toughest looking in the bunch walked over and tapped on the driver's window. The sister rolled the window down a few inches.

"Hey, Sister, if you pop the hood, I think I can get this started again." She popped the hood.

The biker fiddled with something, then stuck his head up and said, "Ok, now start it up."

The engine started, and the biker slammed the hood back down.

"Oh, thank you, thank you!" the Sister said.

"That's ok, Sister," said the biker, "I ain't never been the answer to someone's prayer before."
--------------------------------
So you never know in what form help will be. Or how you might help someone else.

(For those too young to know, the nun had flooded the engine. The biker opened the butterfly valve on the carburetor to let more air in, and then the gas/air mixture was such that the engine could start. Oh, the good old days before fuel injected engines...)
oh interesting!

If you dry them, they don't sting. They do have good properties, like Plantain! Actually, dried nettle can help sooth nettle stings! Weird, right?

Speaking of Plantain, I need to transplant some of them from the mountains to my house for my family and the chickens!
Actually, I've never thought of them stinging... (That's probably weird to think, seeing "stinging" IS in their name. :lol:) That's quite cool about them being dried to help sooth the sting. It's just another great way to see how good God is. He gave the cure right there so if you accidentally hurt yourself with the nettles you can sooth the pain. :)

Really? My whole backyard used to grow Plantain naturally. I used to have so much Plantain out there that it was a lot of hard work just to push the lawnmower through it all. My backyard was always covered with it.

Actually, I've never thought of them stinging... (That's probably weird to think, seeing "stinging" IS in their name. :lol:) That's quite cool about them being dried to help sooth the sting. It's just another great way to see how good God is. He gave the cure right there so if you accidentally hurt yourself with the nettles you can sooth the pain. :)

Really? My whole backyard used to grow Plantain naturally. I used to have so much Plantain out there that it was a lot of hard work just to push the lawnmower through it all. My backyard was always covered with it.
I wish we had some, but if we do, I haven't found it yet. We use weed spray on the lawn, though I wish we didn't. But up at our cabin in the mountains there is tons of plantain and nettles and so many other plants I am still discovering!

I just wanted to share.... I just got some excellent news! A marriage is starting to heal! Please pray for this marriage, but I'm happy to be able to say that it looks like it's going in the right direction! Also, please pray for the couple's salvation. I'm so super excited to hear that this marriage is starting to look better! God is sooo good all the time! 🙏 ❤️ 🙏❤️

I just wanted to share.... I just got some excellent news! A marriage is starting to heal! Please pray for this marriage, but I'm happy to be able to say that it looks like it's going in the right direction! Also, please pray for the couple's salvation. I'm so super excited to hear that this marriage is starting to look better! God is sooo good all the time! 🙏 ❤️ 🙏❤️
thank you for sharing! this is great news 😊
i hope their marriage can completely heal soon 💖

That is so incredible! Thank you for sharing! ❤️ Lots of prayer for this couple and heartfelt praise to God!

I’m sorry that I haven't been on here much...one of my chickens is really sick, so I’ve been busy taking care of her.
Though it’s been hard to see my baby so ill, I’ve also been finding comfort and peace during this time I get to spend with her. I can’t tell you how grateful I am that I’ve been able to have her in my life. No matter what happens, I’m always going to love her. ❤️
1616533038075.jpeg

I’m sorry that I haven't been on here much...one of my chickens is really sick, so I’ve been busy taking care of her.
Though it’s been hard to see my baby so ill, I’ve also been finding comfort and peace during this time I get to spend with her. I can’t tell you how grateful I am that I’ve been able to have her in my life. No matter what happens, I’m always going to love her. ❤️
View attachment 2582214
I sure hope that your hen starts feeling better soon. :hugs I'll be praying for her. 🙏🙏

Back
Top Bottom