The Largest Egg - Contest!

Pics

LikeTurkeys

Crowing
5 Years
Jul 25, 2018
Southern California
Hi everyone!
Get your eggs on the scale and post their weight and a picture to this thread. There will be 3 winners, and they will receive... will receive... okay, nothing physical, but certainly a congratulations from me! Eggs don't have to be recent, as long as there's a picture. If there's no picture of the egg (does not have to be on scale), I'm worried to many people will give numbers that didn't happen!

If you like, post a picture of the hen you think laid it as well!

I'll start.
IMG_4273.JPG

The one on the right is an egg that weighed in at 78 grams, laid by my RIR Ginger. Here is a photo of her crowding into a nest box with another hen:

IMG_3089.JPG

Okay, let's start!

Okay, I've decided that the deadline is going to be March 14th, plenty of time I think. Also, I'm not sure how to deal with all these eggs from species other than chickens! I probably should've specified, but please throw out some ideas as to how to compare them! (should I just restrict it to chickens or is there a way to compare egg size from different species of bird?)

Okay, I've decided that the deadline is going to be March 14th, plenty of time I think. Also, I'm not sure how to deal with all these eggs from species other than chickens! I probably should've specified, but please throw out some ideas as to how to compare them! (should I just restrict it to chickens or is there a way to compare egg size from different species of bird?)
Why can't we all win the special prize? isn't the prize "bragging rights"?

Well, I might have considered making separate categories (e.g. duck, goose, etc.) but there just aren't enough people. Also, I don't know how 'special' a congratulations from me is, considering that I'm a nobody on here and the number of entries is tiny.
That's why we're all winners!!!

Back
Top Bottom