the lav silkie that had head trauma thread UPDATED ALL BETTER

Quote:
Are you unable to get anymore Prednisone? It's very cheap and there must be someone on here (a vet) that will send you a Rx. If not let me know and I will see what I can do. I have RA and I get it periodically for myself. If it is helping him, I hate to see him go without. You need to get brave and start asking for what you need, or should I say, what your roo needs, I mean in the way of meds and things. Let me know if you can't get it from a vet or a doctor. I'll try to get some from my doc.
hide.gif

no I dont think I can get any more no one will write a sqript with out a visit and that satrts at $130 and rises quickly. I still owe my vet a little from a huge bill from last spring. It is not farm land or anything here just a lot of people with dogs so the vets could care less. The stuff I had was left over from when my ds was perscribed it I guess I could ask his pediatrition but I doubt he will say yes.

I was thinking, maybe the perching helps him to keep his legs stabilized since a birds legs lock down when they squat on a perch. It's possible that it feels good to him, and is a more natural position for him.

I am just now seeing this thread and wanted to send along fervent wishes for the determined little fellow's recovery.

If immobile for many days, any improvement might not show right away if he got stiff and weak from not being mobile - hopefully that's part of this right now. Maybe, just maybe, it's not a bad thing that he rearranged himself a bit...

fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

JJ

(Have read so many sad shipping stories...)

Last edited:
well I just heard flapping and went down to find him, when he cant walk he puts his feet over his head all sprawled out its horrible. so I put him back in the box and immpbalized him really well so he can just sleep that way tonight. I will get a better grip on it in the morning.

I spoke to Dr. Brown the damage may very well be permenant but he eats so well and is in such good spirits I keep trying. I have considered culling him a lot of times but cant bring myself to do it.

I'm sorry there doesn't seem to be improvement, but maybe some, and might be more then you think right now.....maybe a little more time.
what dose of prednisone is he on now?
it's possible he needs the higher dosage longer with more weaning time.
how many do you have left?
it might not hurt to call a vet and explain the situation..even email the brownegg/blueegg info..
who knows...maybe one will write a script..or take up Lilcrow's offer.

prednisone is CHEAP. I mean like a few dollars for alot of pills.
might not hurt to even call your doc.
and ask Brown if he can get it.

keeping fingers crossed..

some people make a sling from a dust mask..and let the legs slightly touch the floor..
it could be raised or lowered as needed..
poor little fella..he must be really confused and stressed..

I do think he was injured in shipping.

I am gonna work on getting more meds today, I still have enough for a few days.

They funniest thing just happened though. I have a flock of silkies in a room next to where the lav roo is in the basement, This morning there was a great escape and when I came down to check on him all of the silkies were around him visiting. I should have taken a pic but was just waking up and was so shocked that I just scooted them back to their room. It was hysterical though they were all around him just hanging out, even my other lav roo.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom