The Legbar Thread!

We had two cream legbars hatch this week. Still waiting on a third. It's been moving for 2 days, but it hasn't externally pipped.

texasmomma,

what beautiful chicks. Just want to scoop them up. Someplace, I think it was an egg auction on line, I read where the person said - don't give up on the eggs even if it goes to day 28. Seems like a long streach, but if your egg was moving -- that's a good sign. Seems that your next one will be a girl, by the law of averages. Thanks for posting the chicks.

texasmomma,

what beautiful chicks. Just want to scoop them up. Someplace, I think it was an egg auction on line, I read where the person said - don't give up on the eggs even if it goes to day 28. Seems like a long streach, but if your egg was moving -- that's a good sign. Seems that your next one will be a girl, by the law of averages. Thanks for posting the chicks.

Thanks ChicKat. I do adore these little guys. They do not act the same as the other chicks I have had. More big man on campus-like. ;)

Anyway, the third chick got shrinkwrapped in the egg. It was also a rooster. :(

Sorry the last one didn't make it.

How great that you have the two, and they are beautiful. Seems like Cream Legbars have a different personality from other chicks. They also have this little 'trill' when they are really happy and content, that my other chicks didn't have. And...not all my CLs made the trill. I wish I had gotten it recorded. --

There is something about this breed -that's for sure. (maybe it is wrapped up in our admiration of them...) Congratulations.

How great that you have the two, and they are beautiful. Seems like Cream Legbars have a different personality from other chicks. They also have this little 'trill' when they are really happy and content, that my other chicks didn't have. And...not all my CLs made the trill. I wish I had gotten it recorded. --

I would really like to find a female chick or two. My hatching didn't quite work out as well as I had hoped. It will be fun, I think, to see how these guys grow up.

So sad. I candles my legbar eggs tonight (day 15) and I don't think they made it. The post office was suppose to hold for pick up because I live on dirt roads and I'm sure they got bumped around to death. They didn't look good going in but I tried anyway. There were only 4 CL eggs and 2 Isbar eggs. The isbars looked ok from what I can tell. Am trying to get my son to pick up more legbar eggs from Richard Jordan's on his way home from Fl. Then I don't. Have to worry about the post office!

only one egg is going into lockdown. although my sweet breeder is going to send me more since only one is going into lockdown. will post pics if this sweet baby makes it! pray hard ladies and gents...i need some legbars
Praying...updates?

@Miss Molly: Thanks for sharing pics of your gorgeous babies! Just out of curiosity, are they all crested?

Back
Top Bottom