The Legbar Thread!

It was not my intention to be here this long I siimply thought I would input where I could to help you all out.I have tried to answer offer an opinion on your post I hope I make some sense and help in some way. .

The search issue for the clb is the same for US and UK there simply isn't the info to find, generally most of what I turn up is in books.
So glad that you DID stick around to give more insights - BIG THANK YOU on that. --

Oh - "Star Trek" is a movie but before that in the 1960's it was a television program that had the Science Officer on the "Starship Enterprise" character named Mr. Spock - from the planet Vulcan. His distinguishing characteristic was that he did everything by pure logic and no emotion. -- Perhaps a bit like the Dr. Who series was in the UK around the same era. One of my all time favorite fictional characters...right up there with Ebeneezer Scrooge.

Thanks!! I whole heartedly agree it is a fascinating bird.

There was an article in the 1952 annual publication of the Auto-sexing Poultry Association of Great Britain that took a test group of seven Cream Legbar hens and recorded their production for a year. The average per bird over the 12 months was 260 eggs.

Last edited:
They look like girls to me. :)

Hi graciesmum -- The first chick is kind of in silhouette -- and my eyes must be fading - and my monitor is small.  You have the birds in hand... so unless you see barring develop or hear a crow -- It's a girl -- sorry I worried you.  
they better be girls, I payed for sexed pullets, and I want the funky eggs lol

There was an article in the 1952 annual publication of the Auto-sexing Poultry Association of Great Britain that took a test group of seven Cream Legbar hens and recorded their production for a year. The average per bird over the 12 months was 260 eggs.

Appears to me that prior to you editing your post down to 2 lines that you have all the answers

Well done

HaHaUthinkso

Appears to me that prior to you editing your post down to 2 lines that you have all the answers

Well done

HaHaUthinkso
I have to refrain my self sometimes, no one likes an insufferable know-it-all.

I am still working through a lot of this stuff, so the rest may be subject for future posts when I have proved more things out over the next couples of years. :)

"The Blue Egg" which has awesome color plates of eggs!
Here's what I see--
http://www.ias.ac.in/jarch/jgenet/27/465.pdf

I was so disappointed in the colors.... I think it is very faded -- or is this another monitor calibration issue for me? He references colors of eggs - but they don't show for me in this link.
he.gif

Do you have a different link to this journal paper? ??

ChicKat, I thought about this yesterday, but I figured I should give it a day. When I type in the word omlet in my search engine, I get the UK location for omlet on ~page 3. When I type in Amazon, I still hadn't found the UK site at page 6. This is just to say if you and I search for material pertaining to the CLs we get what is most commonly looked at here in the USA, which explains some of the material that HaHaUthinkso can more readily access (yes, I am still guessing he/she is in the UK). Nice part, having folks in the UK helping find materials may uncover some new things, at least for some of us.

Agreed - it depends upon which browser - Bing, Google - others, it depends upon how many words entered etc. And then there is always the typO that can lead down some interesting paths...but Google usually finds the correct spelling for me. IMO you will probably find agreement across the board that we are all in learning mode. It's still awesome how much we have garnered in the short time -- with not a whole lot of blood, sweat and tears to get as far as we have gotten!!!
frow.gif

Here's what I see--
http://www.ias.ac.in/jarch/jgenet/27/465.pdf

I was so disappointed in the colors.... I think it is very faded -- or is this another monitor calibration issue for me? He references colors of eggs - but they don't show for me in this link.
he.gif

Do you have a different link to this journal paper? ??

Well it is a copy of a very old article
wink.png
, so they are a bit faded. Number 6 on both color plates is a blue though. That's the link I have, but you can see if you can get your hands on an original print copy through Library exchange. Most of them are in England, but some copies have found their way here.

Well it is a copy of a very old article
wink.png
, so they are a bit faded. Number 6 on both color plates is a blue though. That's the link I have, but you can see if you can get your hands on an original print copy through Library exchange. Most of them are in England, but some copies have found their way here.
wow, thanks -- on my computer it is nearly identical to the background. I need to check this on some other/newer computers. (this is a pretty old laptop.) ;O)

Back
Top Bottom