The Legbar Thread!

5 males, 12 females? Am I right?

That's what I thought but am new to Legbars. pretty lucky ratio.

Thanks for the welcome chicken picken.

Separate them into two groups and post a closer picture of each group, similar to the last picture and we can say for sure. Did you hatch them?

I'm thinking 3 male, 5 female? Anyone agree or disagree?

I think you're right, but I'd like to see the second chick in the top right corner a little better. The blond chick.

I agree that light chicks down coloring is different. But I recently hatched a blonde male CL that people thought looked odd and he is looking like a normal CL as he ages, he is a few weeks old now.

I too would also like to see more pics of the light chick.

He is an obvious boy that was very blonde, I didn't find it to be too odd, other people did. Blackbirds confirmed her males hatch similar to my blonde chick and she has some of the nicest male CL Ive seen. My hens came from her stock.

He is an obvious boy that was very blonde, I didn't find it to be too odd, other people did. Blackbirds confirmed her males hatch similar to my blonde chick and she has some of the nicest male CL Ive seen. My hens came from her stock.
I am just saying, if you post your chicks here and people say one of them looks Odd, then dont breed this Odd looking chick..

I am just saying, if you post your chicks here and people say one of them looks Odd, then dont breed this Odd looking chick..

Only a few people thought my male chick looked odd while others were very excited to see the very blonde male with a head spot and thought he might be a great colored rooster when he grows up. Time will tell as he gets older.

Only a few people thought my male chick looked odd while others were very excited to see the very blonde male with a head spot and thought he might be a great colored rooster when he grows up. Time will tell as he gets older.
well if it was a 50/50 or less I say 40/60(people thinking it was odd or others thought it was ok) then you know some monitors can reproduce different type of shades, then it would be your call, BUT if you post say 5 male chicks and if 90% of people say that 4 are males and 1 looks "Odd" then the odd one should not be allowed to breed...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom