The Legbar Thread!

I made the outcross to bring the rose comb in. When I made the outcross, not only did I bring in the rose comb, but the back cross pullets lay bluer eggs, the production is better than my originals, and they lay a couple weeks sooner than my pure birds. So far other than color, nothing bad has happened breeding wise from the outcross.
So far, I know of a couple other breeders that have done the crossing and had similar results in the offspring.
Sounds like hybrid vigor.

I took a few pictures of my two young Cream Legbar pullets, they are 8 weeks old. They I believe are correct for cream and their bodies seem a little more of a cool tone rather than a warm tone. The heads seem dark but this is my first season raising young pullets from chicks so Im not 100% positive what to look for. I also have a few gold hackled Cream Legbars pullets that have a warmer toned body.

2 Cream pullets I plan to add to my breeder pen

And the gold hackle Cream Legbar pullets they are almost 10 weeks old I plan to sell these at some point as blue egg layers only one pullet pictured but they all look similar

Nice pullets chicken pickin! Good strategy too.
thumbsup.gif

Do Legbars have a special walk? I have 2 ten week old pullets, when they run, they barely move their upper body. Its hard to describe, but kind of like running on a treadmill at very fast speed without moving the upper body.

Do Legbars have a special walk? I have 2 ten week old pullets, when they run, they barely move their upper body. Its hard to describe, but kind of like running on a treadmill at very fast speed without moving the upper body.
That reminds me of when I first noticed when mine sat -- their body would lower but head stay at the same height. It was very intriguing/graceful. They don't waddle like some of my other chooks.

That reminds me of when I first noticed when mine sat -- their body would lower but head stay at the same height. It was very intriguing/graceful. They don't waddle like some of my other chooks.
I guess they do then. Have you seen this posture in any other chicken? At first I thought they had developed some sort of illness but that's how they are. Maybe someone ought to name that walk
smile.png

I now have a trio of CCL thanks to Tripell . About 14 weeks old . Shipped eggs got me zero . I knew the risk on shipped eggs but usually get a couple .

I have a question. I have one too with more brass but comb is good. Then I have two with off set combs and great color. Each one is 14 weeks old a d weights 4.5 lbs. Which one is better to keep?

Back
Top Bottom