The Legbar Thread!

Oh boy that is horrible. I have one chicken run that has hardware cloth on the bottom half and 1" chicken wire on the top half. The chicks in that coop are getting very large and need the space so I decided this past week to allow them to sleep on the roosts in the run, though I know its not a smart idea because a raccoon would have access to them. I have the hardware cloth I just need to get some wire cutters. Im going to do it tomorrow for sure. Thanks for the scare to get my butt in action!
Sometimes I think that it is sheer luck that keeps the chickens safe.... (or conversely bad luck -- wrong place, wrong time that allows predators to get them)---- hope yours will be safe!

Just wanted to post the pictures of my first isbar and legbar eggs! I'm so excited that they finally started laying!

I was able to get some updated pictures of the Legbars I've kept for breeding. Sorry about the grass in the way. It seems this time of year, the pens become a jungle.

Very cool jungle pictures of your flock. Looks like you have a nice start! I love the stern look on your hen in the bottom picture. I also like that your rooster has some color, while having less Chestnut, and his legs are a beautiful yellow. I am curious, how old is he.

Last edited:
Quote: Thanks! Yeah, she looks very stern in that picture and I thought it was a great picture!
big_smile.png
He is now 11 months old. There are a lot of positive qualities I like in these birds. There are also a few things I want to work on with them. I just want to keep improving them each generation. I culled from 28 adults to 8 to get better quality and am now working on my second generation.

Back
Top Bottom