The Legbar Thread!

KP do you know how many people were showing CLs?

Just heard back from Jill! She estimated 12 girls entered, but only 9-10 got cooped in. 4 boys entered, but only 3 got cooped in. Jill mentioned that more people with Cream Legbars enter the smaller local shows than the National. I'm sure that is somewhat similar here.

I doubt GFF only has one big pen of Cream Legbars- unless that is just their winter setup- because they send out banded chicks and can tell according to the band color which line you got after your order arrives. I'm sure they will tag and breed the Rees line separately at least at first, and even after that they are good at keeping track of the lines.

I doubt GFF only has one big pen of Cream Legbars- unless that is just their winter setup- because they send out banded chicks and can tell according to the band color which line you got after your order arrives. I'm sure they will tag and breed the Rees line separately at least at first, and even after that they are good at keeping track of the lines.

Umm...they don't send out banded chicks and their website even says that. When chicks are picked to be shipped they don't know what line you are getting.

Umm...they don't send out banded chicks and their website even says that. When chicks are picked to be shipped they don't know what line you are getting.

Oh ok, I misunderstood then. I was told by others that their first few lines were banded and while you couldn't request a specific line (like the website says), you could call after your order arrived and find out which line(s) you got. @GaryDean26 I thought you told me that? But I have not ordered from them myself.

The first few lines were tagged I believe but the last few chicks I've gotten from them had no tags. And their auctions state they do not band the chicks so you won't know how many of which line you get. I think it stinks but that's how they have been doing it lately.

You are right about the banding in the first chicks... R. -- Remember when we used to talk bands? Then lines A B C etc? I know I got a yellow banded male and a green banded female...

Perhaps since there were so few at the start it made sense, and subsequently it didn't. For those that got/had banded birds - you can know which line they came from. Maybe the customer demand for background info got to be pretty significant absorber of the time that they had - Dunno.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom