The Legbar Thread!

My cream legbars are so docile and so calm and they are almost as friendly as my dogs.

My cream legbars are so docile and so calm and they are almost as friendly as my dogs.
Hi Bodee,

what's your recipe??

Mine will run to me for treats (as all my chickens do) -- Once picked up the CLs are very calm - but in the yard they are very stand-off-ish - and aloof. When I do some treatments to the rooster or the hen that has just returned...they will sit in my lap after and nearly fall asleep-- so cozy. The rest of the time -- it's "who are you??" LOL

Did you hand raise them (I.e. incubator) or are they broody hen raised? -- I don't mind that the chickens aren't really lap chickens unless persuaded that there is something in it for them... But of all the chickens I have had -- the ones that you can just bend over and pick up are some of the easiest to inspect and maintain. The ones that play hard to catch - require some pre-planning to be there when they are on the roost and it is dark out.

Do you feed them meal worms.
Yes, that is why they come running over when they see me. ETA, when I don't have mealworms they wander off. So you think if I upped the meal worm carrying -- I could be their new best friend?

We also had a daily- handle and feed meal worms for the rooster and hen - as they grew up -- from -- age 8-9 weeks until just about sexual maturity.....

Last edited:
Mine is about OAC81. At least the only one of my girls eggs in the fridge right now. I definitely want to try to breed towards a better egg color.

Hi all I am new to legbars! What is this online auction color chart?
Welcome OHfarmerswife!
frow.gif
PM ChicKat about an OAC.

Hi all I am new to legbars! What is this online auction color chart?

It is a paper chart for colors. Unfortunately it is neither accurate nor contains that many actual colors. If you really want to accurately describe a color purchase a Pantone color chart. It is the accepted standard. Your computer monitor, iPad, iPhone, etc. can actually be calibrated to depict the same color across everything using Pantone.

The online auction floor chart is an example of someone not doing their homework and launching a product for a solution that was solved 20 years ago and is accepted by professionals worldwide. Pantone even has an iPhone app now if you font want yo bother with their paper charts and books.

Back
Top Bottom