The Legbar Thread!

Could someone tell me if I have a cream legbar chick. I bought some hatching eggs but I don't think the black one is pure. I have three others that are for sure girls but the black one is making me scratch my head.

I would guess that the Black one is NOT pure. Their is however a recessive black gene. I hatched a Recessive black Busque Hen one year. I though that my Black Copper Marans cockerel had found a way to breed on of the Basque Hens, but as the recessive black cockerel developed it became increasingly clear that he was 100% Basque. He had yellow skin whihc would not have been possible (or at least not likely) if my black copper was the sire. He didn't have any fethering on his shanks, and there were a few other tells indicating that he was not a cross. As they say the proof is in the pudding. What for skin color, cresting, cream plumage, etc. on that little cockerel.

I'm not really sure what these are I was thinking legbar or welsummer. I don't know how to tell a difference. One pic is at a week old and another at 3 weeks old

Back
Top Bottom