The Lonely Hen --This is one of my chicken stories--

Chapter 29

I woke up in the middle of the night and I was sweating. Ethel and Peppr would never do that to me! Especially Pepper. I couldn't get back to sleep for a while. All I could think about was Ethel and Pepper. It was really hard to stop thinking about that nightmare.
I shook my head and closed my eyes, determined to sleep for a while.

Day 17 now. When I woke it was getting hot. The sun was blazing. I looked at the clearing. Hey... the deer was back! I smiled, happy that someone was here. I got down from my tree and hobbled over to him. I should give him a name. But what should I name him? Lucky? But how is he lucky? He lost his mom and dad. How about... Bambi! What a perfect name!
"Hey Bambi!" he looked at me funny. "That's your new name!"
He cocked his head. I rolled my eyes.
"Well Bambi... it's just you and me."
He put his head by my wing, like he wanted a hug. I smiled and wrapped my wings around his head. He lifted his head up and smiled at me.
I went around him and tried catching some bugs. At least their juice would be kinda like water. I found a couple and ate them then went back up my nest. Bambi never lefted that clearing. I wonder if he loves me to much. I smiled at that thought.
I heard a rumbling in the sky. Another storm? I anticipate for rain then. Bambi looked up at the sky and frowned. He went under my tree and layed there. He knew there was rain coming. Good, I need water.
I waited paitently for it to rain so I can quickly hobble down and drink some. I was getting a bit bored just waiting here for rain to drizzle from the sky.
I looked down at Bambi, he was asleep. How can he sleep knowing that there will be a storm coming?
Maybe that was a good idea to fill up my boredrom. So I did what Bambi did, even though it mght be a dumb idea.

Sorry if you think these chapters are short
hide.gif
I promise to make them longer soon enough!

I just discovered your story, and I'm loving it!!! Chicken stories are wonderful things to read
smile.png
I will be checking back. You are an excellent storyteller!

Back
Top Bottom