The Lonely Hen --This is one of my chicken stories--

Calm, peeps, calmness!
lol.png

Chapter 27

He looked at me funny. I ignored that and went to get bugs for him. Do deer eat bugs? I probably shouldn't give him any then. I looked back at him. He was admiring his surroundings. I smiled. He started to eat plants. I guess that's what they eat. Or is he just so starving that he had no choice but to eat plants?
I shrugged and went back up to my nest. I intented to stay there for a while. Maybe three more days and I'll get off to eat and drink. Maybe there will be another rain shower.
I looked down at the clearing. The deer was still there eating away. Maybe I have just made a new friend. I smiled to that thought. I sure loved making new friends! I then thought about Ginger. Oh she was the sweetest thing ever! She was so beautiful even at a young age! Golden Laced Wyandottes always looked beautiful. Heck all wyandottes were astonishing!
Another noise. I looked down to the deer. He was alert and looking east. I looked that way. I couldn't see anything. The deer then ran. He must've saw something dangerous. Great more predators.
Let me guess, a racoon or a fox? Prehaps a bear or a mink? I rolled my eyes and stayed hidden.
I kept my eyes on that one spot, waiting for something mean and vicious to pop out. The rustling in the bushes kept going on. I looked more closely. What was it? It was far to small to be a bear. It was dark brown. It came out all the way. I squinted. It was a rat! Really!? That deer was scared of a rat!? Sure enough I wasn't! It wasn't even that big! It looked perfectly harmless... or was it harmful? I'm thinking silly thoughts. I sighed and just ignored him so I could get rest.

Backyard chickens needs a thumbs up button or something.... so i can give u a huge thumbs up!
thumbsup.gif

Hey! You didn't write that yesterday night!!!! You wrote it this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now you have to write another chapter to make up for it!
tongue.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom