The 'Lotsa Poop Chicken Coop' ***Poop Drawer Update***

Beautiful coop, great description of it. I bet you keep your wife in stitches. lol. Those hens will be so happy there I bet they will lay double yolkers everyday.
smile.png

I love your sense of humor!! A man of my own taste! Life is tooooo short not to find humor in all we do! Great job on an awesome project!!

bow.gif
thumbsup.gif

Oh,,,where to begin. Today the birds were supposed to spend their first night in the Coop. But we had to go to Starbucks, then Safeway, then Lowes, and by the time we got home half the workday (My hours,,,My workday) was gone. AND,,,it was hot for April, so it didn't take long to pop an ice cold Miller Lite (WHATEVER,,,hold Ur comments!!!),,,then another. 1+1 = 2, 2+2 =4, 4+4 =,,,well,,,I think you get the idea.

So I built this ramp. I used old 2x6 boards I had lying around. Hey,,,I got Orpingtons,,,,remember? Kind of a designer ramp. 'Out on the Catwalk, out on the Catwalk'. I mean bird walk. Ya gotta be 40+ years old to remember that song!!!

Then I fabricated a little hardware. Doesn't that make me sound engineeringistic? I fabricated it!! OK. I bent and cut a piece of galvanized strap the cost a buck twenty two at Lowes, then bent some standard 'L' brackets to the approximate angle. I didn't measure this, I did it freehand, so I was guaranteed not to screw it up! This ain't rocket science folks!!!!

Then I installed it below the pop door.

That's right,,,I forgot to take a picture of that, so I put in the cool Lab photo that everyone loves. If you don't love the photo I'll deal with you later!!!!!

Now,,,the coop poop cleaning door was loose and rattled. My birds are already rattled enuff, so I installed these gate latches to tighten it up. 'Tighten Up'. Yeah, another song for the over-forty crowd!

Now,,there are those that didn't like the antique gold hooks. No accounting for taste. Ur loss. So the modern, new wave, politically correct hooks have been installed. These weren't cheap,,,,so I hope Ur happy!!!

I hate nesting boxes. They aren't easy to measure (especially for me) and they aren't easy to build. I've been putting these off 'cause I didn't want to deal with them,,,,but there's not a whole lot left to do. So I gave the girls wall to wall vinyl instead of finishing the boxes!!!

This is the tree across the road from my coop. I saw a Red Tailed Hawk land in the upper right fork of that tree, then sit down and all I saw was the head. It's a nest. We gots lots of Hawks out here, but that one is close! U can also see my rich neighbors. Trust me,,,this ain't Italy!!! However,,,that shed on the right would make one heckofa Coop!!!!

So,,,,,,tomorrow I promise to do more. And take more photos. Geez,,,I still got a poop board to build!!!!

I just want to say,,,there have been so many wonderful responses to my trials and tribulations on this thread, (translation: miscalculations and failures
hu.gif
) that I have no doubt BYC was the place to join. Thanx all, and I promise there's more to come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, awesome coop! I gotta chuckle outa the catwalk though, your Buff Elephantingtons....wait a minute,,,,I mean ORPINGTONS could square dance and jumping jack all the way up and that walk will HOLD, I tell ya.

Seriously, NICE JOB and well written humorous play by play...it was a fun read!

Auto5man

Back
Top Bottom