1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The meanest roos I've ever seen.

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by bakerjw, Feb 14, 2011.

1. bakerjw

bakerjw Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Johnson City, Tn
    Last November my hens hatched out 11 new chicks that we added to our flocks. 4 of them were a cross between our White Rock roos and our silver Sebright hens. So far the little WR/SS cross roos are the meanest most aggressive little beasts that I have ever known. Although they aren't even 4 months old they're picking on every chicken in our main run including my TSC girls who are almost a year old and much larger than they are. I suspect that the SS part of them is coming out with a vengeance.

I worried that it'd be hard to process my first chickens but these 3 beasts have taken that worry away. It'll be good riddance.

Anyone else have roos from crossed breeds turn out mean?

2. chickenaddictntn

chickenaddictntn Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011
    Ameracana Roo over Buttercups and man was that a mistake. But I am gonna put another Ameracana Roo w/ the Orloffs to see what thats like.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by