The Middle Tennessee Thread

I have had them just die because they can't eat or drink but some I put down. I have too many chickens to hand feed one for life and I use mine for breeding and I don't want to breed that defect forward. sorry.
I would never breed him/her and I only have a few chickens. I just feel so bad for her.

to me it is the right thing sometimes to put them down. blind chickens lame.....that is not much of a life forbade chicken or.chicken owner. I try to fix them...but after several days and no recovering. ...that is my limit.

I did too...I have new ones from Paul smith growing out but still...I could get him back....anybody got a FREE Easter Egger roo at breeding age?

I have an Olive Egger roo. BCM/Americana cross. He is a beautiful red and black roo. He and the other roo haven't crowed yet but are beginning to squabble over the pullets. They squawk and ruffle their neck feathers at each other. They are shedding their flight feathers and beginning on the other types of feathers now.The pullets like the silver roo better. Eventually they will have it out. I would rather they not. But I am not above putting him in the freezer if you don't want him so no pressure.
This picture is about 4 weeks old. I can catch him tonight if you would like to see an updated picture. I am over in Millersville.

Last edited:
I did too...I have new ones from Paul smith growing out but still...I could get him back....anybody got a FREE Easter Egger roo at breeding age?
I have an Olive Egger roo. BCM/Americana cross. He is a beautiful red and black roo. He and the other roo haven't crowed yet but are beginning to squabble over the pullets. They squawk and ruffle their neck feathers at each other. They are shedding their flight feathers and beginning on the other types of feathers now.The pullets like the silver roo better. Eventually they will have it out. I would rather they not. But I am not above putting him in the freezer if you don't want him so no pressure. This picture is about 4 weeks old. I can catch him tonight if you would like to see an updated picture. I am over in Millersville.
wow he is pretty. interesting color on the wings looks kinda like barring. pm me and I will send you my phone number if you can text menorah email me the pics... anytime fine.

to me it is the right thing sometimes to put them down. blind chickens lame.....that is not much of a life forbade chicken or.chicken owner. I try to fix them...but after several days and no recovering. ...that is my limit.
You're probably right. I'm going to try everything I can, though. I'm giving her the liquid baby vitamins and lyfe lytes, I have her legs splint, and I made her a chick chair. I'll give her a while. This is my first experience with a disabled chick and I would hate to think that I didn't give her every chance. She's very lovey and so are both her parents and I know if she makes it that she will be a feathered lap dog like them.

This is Pearl with Mona, her silkie BFF.

So the neighbors orange tabby cat has found my chicken coops.. I have found my older bantam Roos tail feathers lying around here lately. Now along with chickens me and the misses rescue pit bulls we have 4 but they are all inside babies. when i take them out the cat heads for the hills. i have access to a electric fence box and I have of course my guns but I catch this cat daily creeping around my runs and coops. How have others delt with this?

So the neighbors orange tabby cat has found my chicken coops.. I have found my older bantam Roos tail feathers lying around here lately. Now along with chickens me and the misses rescue pit bulls we have 4 but they are all inside babies. when i take them out the cat heads for the hills. i have access to a electric fence box and I have of course my guns but I catch this cat daily creeping around my runs and coops. How have others delt with this?

Yep I've delt with it. I killed around 7 that couldn't stay away from my coop. My sons dog killed 2 more. A live trap & a 55 gallon drum full of water or a 22 will solve the problem. Best of luck.

Even though I am a big man covered in tattoos I hate to kill the cat but if it kills one of my chickens it's fair game.. I have a 22 rifle and pistol. I have chucked rocks at it even thought about getting a mean *** rooster to keep it away or extend my dogs lead. Guess it's just my soft side coming out lol. But the cat has to go..

I'm with TinTennessee. Ive lost count and I just use a .22 to do the job. Got one I'm trying to trap since I only see it when I get home from work at 4am. If you live in city limits or on good terms with neighbor then I can tell ya the ammo to get that they won't hear when you shoot

Back
Top Bottom