The Middle Tennessee Thread

Quote:
May is crazy for us as well! We have yet to see a single cicada yet however the mosquito's are fierce already! It is hot out but I'm loving that because my silkies have been in the run for 3 days in a row now during the day & they love it as much as I love watching them~

Here is one of my silkies~ He has me a bit curious because throughout my 2 years of researching them before feeling like I knew enough about them to be a great home for them I had & still have not seen one with his head looking this way... So I wanted your thoughts
idunno.gif
My kids call him Penguin & have since we got him
love.gif
we all just adore him~ Here is a photo of him a about 3 or 4 days after we got him & then the second one is a current~ He was & still is absolutely precious!

YoungMrCuriousLP.jpg

MrCuriousLP.jpg

Cicadas are everywhere at our place now, the kids are crazy excited. They are much smaller this go around, I was a little disappointed.

HBuehler- do you know how old they are? I'd really like some! The barred rocks city girl has for me are around 7 weeks....

1happyfamily- very very cute! Are you sure she's a silkie? Her tail feathers look like silkie feathers, could she be a mix?

Quote:
hide.gif
Not sure at all yet another one I got from Poultry Hollow & yet another they swore was a silkie
rant.gif
which just infuriates me~ But My issue is I ONLY wanted silkies nothing else~ Here is my favorite one, tell me what you think of her
barnie.gif
I'm losing control of my emotions when it comes to this & how dishonest & unreliable PH was! The first 2 are her 3 or 4 day old photos & the last one is her I just took today~

YoungFavoriteSilkie1.jpg

YoungFavoriteSilkie2.jpg

FavoriteSilkie1.jpg

Last edited:
That silkie is a Cochin..darn he's good at PH Silkies have black skin not yellow.Cochin's have very fluffy soft tails like that as well..not a silkie cochin cross at all. You will love her..she's going to be a cuddle pet deluxe..or if you don't love her I can adopt her for you
lol.png

I will ask Amy what she has left age wise for Lavs..I'm sure they are straight run though.

Quote:
he.gif
UGH
he.gif

He is an idiot
smack.gif
& that is putting it as nicely as I can~ That is awful to do to someone I now have 6 silkies, 1 Cochin, & one I don't know what the heck he is!
hit.gif

He is an idiot
smack.gif
& that is putting it as nicely as I can~ That is awful to do to someone I now have 6 silkies, 1 Cochin, & one I don't know what the heck he is!
hit.gif

That's Infuriating! I'm sorry you didn't end up with what you wanted. Thank you for saving me from the same fate, I'm so glad I asked about that place!!​

Quote:
That's Infuriating! I'm sorry you didn't end up with what you wanted. Thank you for saving me from the same fate, I'm so glad I asked about that place!!

I just sent him an email through his site, we will see what he has to say for himself but still doesn't change the fact that I now have a mixed breed of birds & that was something I certainly didn't want, especially just starting out~ I didn't research anything other then silkies & adore my ones but knew something wasn't right with the 2 of them, they didn't have the same structure & build as my 6 other ones & the one that I don't know what he is, well he is not nearly as calm or kind as the others he's a butt lol!

Back
Top Bottom