The Middle Tennessee Thread

If he came from the same batch of eggs he is a copper. It is genetics that make them copper not the looks. If he was breed in a copper pen he is a copper marans.

the woman I got the eggs from (in KY) said they were BBS Marans, no mention of copper. I got the Copper Marans from another breeder...at the time, I had no idea there was any difference, very new to the breed, love the egg color but don't like the single combs, d/t frostbite this year, (I've had chooks since the 80's and never had any frostbite problems before, and I lived further north then too)
barnie.gif
but always have had pea comb chickens until I got my BR's several years ago, then the Marans after that....

Quote: Lots of people sell over menlenized coppers (showing no copper) as solid colors but they are not. If they have one fleck of gold or copper they are really coppers. Like I said VERY hard to find solid birds.

Might be one of my pet projects soon.... I have the tools to make them so why not make them the right way.......

Lots of people sell over menlenized coppers (showing no copper) as solid colors but they are not. If they have one fleck of gold or copper they are really coppers. Like I said VERY hard to find solid birds.

Might be one of my pet projects soon.... I have the tools to make them so why not make them the right way.......

good idea!! why don't you?
pop.gif

Thanks for the tip Leah! I had thought it might be better to use just one. I moved our little coop to a different run this morning. The girls actually sat in it the whole time I rinsed it down and dragged it across the yard! I think they really want to be mommas. :D

Last edited:
Hey Bev! Once this weather warms up I may have to come get some Legbars! Does anyone have Bielefelders or know much about them? I'm sort of getting interested in them. The German engineered chicken.

Back
Top Bottom