The Middle Tennessee Thread

So I was checking out CL and saw a post that sounded too good to be true.

http://nashville.craigslist.org/zip/4914299356.html

23 Free Chickens with a free coop in Chapel Hill, TN (with some layers).  

The post said to text or call so I went to text the number given and got an error that it wasn't a valid number. I also tried calling it (in case it was actually a landline), but received a message that it is not a valid number.

Double, triple and quadruple checked the number given, no luck.

So it looks like it was too good to be true, but in case it was anyone here, I figured I would check.

Has anyone seen this?

I tried just out of curiosity and it went through to a voicemail. Weird. Maybe his phone was turned of at work?

We lost power up here on the mountain about 2:30 am on the 21st of Feb. We got it back about 4:30 pm the 28th of Feb so 7 days and 14 hours with no power. I had about 50 chicks in the brooders. Fortunately we have a small generator and were able to keep switching things to keep us all warm. Now the next storm is coming in, glad we still have the generator where it is easy to get to. We also ordered a second one so we came run more.

We lost power up here on the mountain about 2:30 am on the 21st of Feb.  We got it back about 4:30 pm the 28th of Feb so 7 days and 14 hours with no power.  I had about 50 chicks in the brooders.  Fortunately we have a small generator and were able to keep switching things to keep us all warm.  Now the next storm is coming in, glad we still have the generator where it is easy to get to.  We also ordered a second one so we came run more.

Nearly 8 days without power repair. That's crazy. I'm so glad you had the generator. You either live way back in the boonies or you need to complain vigorously. Maybe even if you do.

I worried about losing power because I had my first eggs incubating. They hatched on the 20th. They are just some barnyard mix. I have two roosters, CCL and BLRW, that are in with different breeds of pullets. Got anew little incubator and wanted to try it out. Then yesterday I went to the co-op and bought 3 cuckoo marans. My husband says I have a problem. I say I'm showing great restraint.
Here's my babies.

How is it all the husbands say the same thing? I AM showing great restraint. Your babies are gorgeous.
I worried about losing power because I had my first eggs incubating. They hatched on the 20th. They are just some barnyard mix. I have two roosters, CCL and BLRW, that are in with different breeds of pullets. Got anew little incubator and wanted to try it out. Then yesterday I went to the co-op and bought 3 cuckoo marans. My husband says I have a problem. I say I'm showing great restraint.
Here's my babies.

Well I lost 3 of the chicks I got at Rural King..... told hubby I was going back to get more..... he said OK. Did aliens take my husband???????

Yeah, TSC has a 6 minimum and I didn't want any of theirs enough to hear his complaints. The co-op had no minimum and a lot more options. I think if he had seen all those cute little options, he would have understood my great restraint.

Back
Top Bottom