The Middle Tennessee Thread

Yeah, TSC has a 6 minimum and I didn't want any of theirs enough to hear his complaints. The co-op had no minimum and a lot more options. I think if he had seen all those cute little options, he would have understood my great restraint.

What co-op did you go to? The one here in AC probably will not have chicks. They guy was complaining last year about having to take care of them and he didn't make any money on them.

The TSC up here never has anything good.... I need to go look and see. They guy told me they had straight run BR and red sex links......

It's in Murfreesboro. They had partridge rocks, speckled Sussex, cuckoo marans, americanas, RIRs, and some others I can't remember. Oh, black astralorps and probably some sex links too.

It's in Murfreesboro. They had partridge rocks, speckled Sussex, cuckoo marans, americanas, RIRs, and some others I can't remember. Oh, black astralorps and probably some sex links too.
That is a good mix of chicks. That co-op is HUGE. Ours is a garage LOL.

Rural king had black astralorps, BR, Cuckoo MURAN LOL, WL (i didn't really see those) Reds, Wellsumers, mixed bantams some were NN, EE, Ducks, turkeys....... a bin of straight runs mixed birds.

I don't think I saw bantams, now that you mention it. Last year they had turkeys but not yesterday. Can't remember about ducks. TSC had ducks. TSC also had a sigh on some chicks that said, I believe, Anacona. But the chicks in the pic looked nothing like the chicks in the tub. Thought that was funny.

I just realized that I could not have really had this conversation a year ago. I've learned so much in the past year. And learning more every day through either BYC or links I find on BYC. I'm fascinated with the whole chicken thing. Everybody where I work is always asking me chicken questions. They are just amazed by the interesting stuff I tell them about chickens. Behind my back they probably think I'm strange but they seem interested.

I just realized that I could not have really had this conversation a year ago. I've learned so much in the past year. And learning more every day through either BYC or links I find on BYC. I'm fascinated with the whole chicken thing. Everybody where I work is always asking me chicken questions. They are just amazed by the interesting stuff I tell them about chickens. Behind my back they probably think I'm strange but they seem interested.

I know, right? I feel like they think I'm strange but they do seem to talk about it!

That is a good mix of chicks.  That co-op is HUGE.  Ours is a garage LOL. 

Rural king had black astralorps, BR, Cuckoo MURAN LOL, WL (i didn't really see those) Reds, Wellsumers, mixed bantams some were NN, EE, Ducks, turkeys....... a bin of straight runs mixed birds.

What did the NN's look like? Were they silkie mixes?

I could not tell what they were. They didn't look like my Silkies if they were.

The reason I'm asking is, I'd like to have some if they're smooth feathered. I already have Showgirls, so I don't need more of them. Are you going back there?

Back
Top Bottom